Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Lovely scenes and well photographed. It must be nice to have such a beautiful park within walking distance of your home.

Our winter at home is so far devoid of snow. I am in western Maine this week end and there is no snow here either. I can see the higher elevations of the presidential range in New Hampshire and they do have snow. There is a snow storm forecast for tomorrow evening and again on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Lou
Thanks Lou,

a snow storm ... something I've never seen in my area, but I guess we are just having a bit of luck this winter if I see whats happening about 100km in any direction.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biro View Post
Nice work... I keep telling people about the great results one can get with the Tamron 18-200... and its close relatives, the Tamron and Pentax 18-250 zooms. Meanwhile, enjoy the white Christmas. Can you say "global climate change?"
Thank Biro,

I've been searching for a lens to replace my thrusty tamron 18-200 but really I cant find any that would fit me as good, or give a lot better results.

It's my favorite walkaround lens.

'Global climate change' ..... no .... for my region it's more a global reset.
When I was five (1965) we had snow from Oktober, and white winters, I know that we didn't have a descent winter from 1990 till 2000, more like early spring.

But one thing for sure it's changing.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkn777 View Post
Ah yes, the snow. Thanks for sharing these, I always like to see how it looks in other places of our planet at the moment
I hope you don't mind when I chime in here?
Th.
Thanks Th, no don't mind it at all

those white three's are gorgeous.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:28 PM   #14

One of the best aspects here is 1) the people and 2) the images, which needless to say skill and opportunity goes along with them.

These are wonderful images and beautiful snow. The country side and urban scenery is magnificent.

Here in the Phoenix area we are just getting another day of 75 to 80, however my son up in Flagstaff does have snow on the ground being washed away by the rain.

So it does my eyes good to see the images, without chilling my old bones...

Its difficult for me to say which image is most pleasing, since they all show a very pleasing aspect of your winter landscape.

#2 and #6 are excellent, but most of all the different architecture with the snow that what we see here locally.

Last edited by interested_observer; Dec 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 3:56 PM   #15

Wow - how did I miss this ? Absolutely gorgeous series Ronny - especially #2 & #5 for me.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhermans View Post
Thank Biro,

I've been searching for a lens to replace my thrusty tamron 18-200 but really I cant find any that would fit me as good, or give a lot better results.

It's my favorite walkaround lens.
I've just been browsing through a Tammy only thread and these two stand out :
Tamron 70-210mm f3.5 Adaptall 2 19AH and especially the Tamron 28-200mm f/3.8-5.6 IF AS XR. Both have submitted outstanding shots for low cost lenses.

Of course there is always the new Pentax 18-135

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Of course there is always the new Pentax 18-135
And only $499 at Adorama right now with free shipping. Hmmm...
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 7:26 PM   #18

A real winter wonderland, Ronny!
Very nice photos.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 7:35 PM   #19

gorgeous series ! thanks for sharing

ive had too much stuff going on and too much stress to go out and enjoy winter.
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:27 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by interested_observer View Post
One of the best aspects here is 1) the people and 2) the images, which needless to say skill and opportunity goes along with them.

These are wonderful images and beautiful snow. The country side and urban scenery is magnificent.

Here in the Phoenix area we are just getting another day of 75 to 80, however my son up in Flagstaff does have snow on the ground being washed away by the rain.

So it does my eyes good to see the images, without chilling my old bones...

Its difficult for me to say which image is most pleasing, since they all show a very pleasing aspect of your winter landscape.

#2 and #6 are excellent, but most of all the different architecture with the snow that what we see here locally.

Thanks IO,

we are expecting a few inches more today, to think that the winter has but just started and we already have more snowdays than the last 100 years.

I only hope that in a month it will be better then they are going to place new windows, ... in the middle of the winter, whats a perfect proof that we normally don't get any winter.