Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:32 AM   #1

Default A walk through the snow

I really like winter, especially when it snows.

Ok you’ve got the dangerous roads, the traffic jams, the cold, the …

But you’ve also have got this.

Focal Length: 48mm | Aperture: f/8.0 | Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100) | ISO equiv: 100

Focal Length: 18mm | Aperture: f/3.5 | Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160) | ISO equiv: 100

Focal Length: 24mm | Aperture: f/8.0 | Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100) | ISO equiv: 100

Focal Length: 33mm | Aperture: f/8.0 | Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125) | ISO equiv: 100

K-5 | TAMRON XR DiII 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 | Focal Length: 28mm | Aperture: f/8.0 | Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100) | ISO equiv: 100

Focal Length: 103mm | Aperture: f/8.0 | Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100) | ISO equiv: 100

Focal Length: 48mm | Aperture: f/5.0 | Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200) | ISO equiv: 100

all taken with the k-5 and a TAMRON XR DiII 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 in the “Rivierenhof” a park 300m from where I live.

Cheers

Ronny

(ps: I do understand that you don't have to overdo it with snow - Ira, Eetu )

Last edited by rhermans; Dec 18, 2010 at 5:35 AM.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:33 AM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Beautiful winterscapes Ronny! There's several inches of snow on the ground in my area, but I have yet to get out to do some photography!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:41 AM   #3

It may be cold and hard to get around in, but it is lovely to look at, as your fine photographs attest. We are faced with unending weeks of rain, forecast to be the wettest December in years (in a "La Niņa" year, which is supposed to be dry for us). This is lousy for photography, unless you are a news photographer chasing floods and mudslides.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Beautiful winterscapes Ronny! There's several inches of snow on the ground in my area, but I have yet to get out to do some photography!
Thanks Jehan,

and with telling us there is that much snow around I guess all are waiting for those pictures you now have to make
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
It may be cold and hard to get around in, but it is lovely to look at, as your fine photographs attest. We are faced with unending weeks of rain, forecast to be the wettest December in years (in a "La Niņa" year, which is supposed to be dry for us). This is lousy for photography, unless you are a news photographer chasing floods and mudslides.

Thank Pen,

It's not normal to have that much snow as we now have. The last 3 years it's snowing more and it stays longer. Might be that we get the first white Christmas in decades.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:42 PM   #6

Lovely scenes and well photographed. It must be nice to have such a beautiful park within walking distance of your home.

Our winter at home is so far devoid of snow. I am in western Maine this week end and there is no snow here either. I can see the higher elevations of the presidential range in New Hampshire and they do have snow. There is a snow storm forecast for tomorrow evening and again on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:42 PM   #7

Nice work... I keep telling people about the great results one can get with the Tamron 18-200... and its close relatives, the Tamron and Pentax 18-250 zooms. Meanwhile, enjoy the white Christmas. Can you say "global climate change?"
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:05 PM   #8

Ah yes, the snow. Thanks for sharing these, I always like to see how it looks in other places of our planet at the moment
I hope you don't mind when I chime in here? We didn't have a nice "white" winter in the region where I live for quite a while now, but last year we had some nice snow and this year also looks very promising. The global weather situation in Germany or should I say Europe seems to change a bit and allows for some more influence from the east which results in more rain and snowfall for me. I took these images with the K-r and the kit 18-55 kit lens. JPEG's from the camera, resized for forum use, no other pp in the means of histogram works, color correction etc.

Temperature was around -10 °C today and it was mostly the wind that made the "cold" feeling, otherwise it was great weather!

No real spectacular shots, I had my camera with me while doing some Saturday shopping/errands and took an image here and there.

Have fun,
Th.
Attached Images

Last edited by thkn777; Dec 18, 2010 at 1:08 PM.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:11 PM   #9

And the next series. And yes - I was faszinated by that tree
Attached Images

Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:14 PM   #10

Last three images - note how low the sun is over the horizon at noon!

Kind regards,
Th.
Attached Images