Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashka View Post
Les..I hear ya..I work for the prov telco so am on the road all the time..so the majority of my shots are out of the window,too..lol.That would be a great job, the opportunity to drive in the countryside...the things you must see...sounds like you possibly carry a camera when out and about ?The Ducks are beautiful..I am originally from a small town south of them..so we used to go there all the time..I like it because it not as commercialized as RMNP.When our kids were young we used to take our trailer to the Ducks. I can't recall the road #'s...but as we came in there was a bit of a valley and a house...almost more like a small cabin...nestled in the valley...it seemed more out of a Western movie...beautiful area.North of Neepawa is nice too..I took some backroads up to the Narrows last week everyday (working there) and discovered some beautiful scenery.Another spot which is gorgeous and I want to explore someday is the country between Holland and Pilot Mound..wonderful rolling hills and valleys..and those wind turbines in the fog are eerie...My wife and I were around there about 6-8 weeks ago before the snow...it is wonderful. One place you may want to consider in the spring is the road leading to Windygates near the US-Canada border, in the Pembina Hills...we go there last week of March, first week of April to watch the Hawks, Bald and occasional Golden Eagle(s), flying back from the south....we park on a steep road and sometimes see 100's of Birds of Prey...usually at high altitudes taking advantage of the thermals of this valleyMy list is getting too big..lol..Well I am off to hopefully catch some of thick hoar frost that appeared overnight.. Have a Merry Christmas!
I try to get out first thing in the AM, if Hoar Frost is present...I'm retired so have the luxury to travel when I want.....Merry Xmas.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 7:08 AM   #12

Les...thanks for the tip on the birds...that will be high on my list of to do!..Darn..I worked that whole #3 route last spring..backroaded almost everything north but didn't go much further south.I will next time!..Happy Holidays!
lisa
kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashka View Post
Les...thanks for the tip on the birds...that will be high on my list of to do!..Darn..I worked that whole #3 route last spring..backroaded almost everything north but didn't go much further south.I will next time!..Happy Holidays!
lisa
Merry Xmas-when things quieten down a bit here (Xmas craziness ) I will find my bird book that gives exact directions to the Raptor site...which is before Windygates and post for you.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote