Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:33 PM   #1

Default Winter tracks

I drove by a creek in the country today and just loved seeing the trails made by all the animals so I took a couple photos..a little purple flare but I kind of like the little dash of colour.
(and the best part is you can't see the dust spots on the sensor in these busy photos..)
lisa
Attached Images

kashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:17 PM   #2

Very nice, Lisa...!

Love the animal tracks...!
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:00 PM   #3

Love snow tracks! These are nice. I can't decide whether the lens flare bothers me or not - it's different.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:03 PM   #4

I like the first one. For some reason it makes me feel as though I am right there. Real nice!
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:33 PM   #5

Thankyou,all!..I actually wanted to get some hoar frost shots..but I am not climatized yet to get out of the vehicle when it's -24C..so everything is out of the truck window til that happens..
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:14 PM   #6

Cute !

The purple is really easy to get rid of (because there is no other purple in the picture) by using the colour block in Aperture 3 - I know it's the same in LR3 or PS.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:40 PM   #7

Very nice...I like the angle of the pictures. Where did you take them...around Minnedosa or Riding Mountain ?
Looks like a frozen creek or small river.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:01 AM   #8

Thanks for the tip,Frogfish..I will look into that!

Lensmore,thanks....its from a small creek that comes out of RMNP..it cuts quite the valley closer to the "mountain".It meanders south to the east of Mdsa and theres a few small old time bridges that cross it..this was one of them.I see your "western Canada"..whereabouts are you at?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashka View Post
Thanks for the tip,Frogfish..I will look into that!

Lensmore,thanks....its from a small creek that comes out of RMNP..it cuts quite the valley closer to the "mountain".It meanders south to the east of Mdsa and theres a few small old time bridges that cross it..this was one of them.I see your "western Canada"..whereabouts are you at?
I'm in Winnipeg.

I haven't been out to RMNP for a couple of years...I got to get out there this winter....always loved it, also Duck Mountain PP.

Another area I want to try to hit this winter is north of Neepawa.

Reading your post about shooting pix out of the truck window......gave me a chuckle...a couple of weeks ago, a buddy and I were west of Headingly on some country roads...lot's to take pix of...but we rolled the windows down on the Buick....and let our 55-300 lenses do 'the walking'...when it's a cold day in Manitoba...that's the way to go.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:18 AM   #10

Les..I hear ya..I work for the prov telco so am on the road all the time..so the majority of my shots are out of the window,too..lol.The Ducks are beautiful..I am originally from a small town south of them..so we used to go there all the time..I like it because it not as commercialized as RMNP.North of Neepawa is nice too..I took some backroads up to the Narrows last week everyday (working there) and discovered some beautiful scenery.Another spot which is gorgeous and I want to explore someday is the country between Holland and Pilot Mound..wonderful rolling hills and valleys..and those wind turbines in the fog are eerie...My list is getting too big..lol..Well I am off to hopefully catch some of thick hoar frost that appeared overnight.. Have a Merry Christmas!