Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
that is a sin to mix red and gold with the blue and gold. Red and Gold all the way, I admit it, I am a alumni of the red and gold.

But nothing wrong with mixing multi lens system either. I shoot oly, pentax, and canon multi lens system, and it should not matter much. I even shoot a pns, Rollei. So it is all good.
Digital, primarily Pentax DSLR, also use my Panasonic Lumix digital.

Film days used (not as much anymore) my Pentax slr's, Olympus clamshell, Pentax P+S, Mamiya medium format, Yashicamat 124G medium format....

Lotta toy's....as my wife accurately says....
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:50 PM   #12

LOL, yeah I know what you mean, allot of photo toys for my family as well. I just picked up a canon 60D, to go along with the t1i and olympus epl-1 and our little rollei point and shoot. Well my wife got the best part of the 60D deal. She gets the t1i and the epl-1, and only have the 60D now. That was my concession for getting the okay for the 60D.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:23 AM   #13

Quote:
that is a sin to mix red and gold with the blue and gold. Red and Gold all the way, I admit it, I am a alumni of the red and gold.
I'll forgive you your choice of schools. I'm not exactly a Bruin, but I spend lots of time there. It's one of my favorite photography places.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:30 AM   #14

Yeah, UCLA is a nice looking campus. Nicer area then where USC is located.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:43 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Digital, primarily Pentax DSLR, also use my Panasonic Lumix digital.

Film days used (not as much anymore) my Pentax slr's, Olympus clamshell, Pentax P+S, Mamiya medium format, Yashicamat 124G medium format....

Lotta toy's....as my wife accurately says....
Hey, my first film SLR was a Minolta SRT-200 (100% manual and mechanical except for the bult-in light meter). I also had a Yashicamat myself. What a great deal for medium format. I've owned Canon's in the past - 2 film cameras and I even dabbled with a digital Rebel XTi that I bought from a friend before deciding it wasn't for me. Ditto a Nikon D200 - great camera but too big and heavy. Plus I sent too much time thinking about operating it and selecting settings rather than taking pictures.

Today, I am happily a Pentaxian but, as you can see in my signature, I am also big on Lumix cameras - particularly micro four-thirds. Hey, it's all good and Canon's G series has always been appealing. The best part about shooting Pentax is that your fellow Pentaxians aren't fanboys. Generally, they are mature, open-minded adults who have genuine curiosity and appreciation of cameras from other manufacturers. So, enjoy your G12 and the nest of luck with it.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biro View Post
Hey, my first film SLR was a Minolta SRT-200 (100% manual and mechanical except for the bult-in light meter). Before I bought my S1a (H1a in the USA) I almost bought a used Miranda SLR from my boss at the time. He was British and had bought it in the UK...but it was used and had a dent in the pentaprism cover...so I decided against it. I also had a Yashicamat myself. What a great deal for medium format.It was a great introduction to Medium Formats...I taught my daughter (when she was about 8-9) about composition with the Yashicamat. Put the 124G on my tripod and had her peer through the waist level finder and adjust the camera till she had a landscape scene she liked. She is in her 20's now. I've owned Canon's in the past - 2 film cameras and I even dabbled with a digital Rebel XTi that I bought from a friend before deciding it wasn't for me. Ditto a Nikon D200 - great camera but too big and heavy. Plus I sent too much time thinking about operating it and selecting settings rather than taking pictures. Like you, I almost bought a Nikon...but it was a New Old Stock (NOS) Nikon Photomic F in the mid '70's. I loved the look of that workhorse but the viewfinder was a bit dark. Came very close, but eventually decided on a Pentax ES (Electronic Spotmatic) 11...beautiful camera, great pix, very advanced for it's time and it was black....has that lithe, unmistakable look of a classic Spotmatic. A battery hog (4 silver oxides) but I still have it, still works.

Today, I am happily a Pentaxian but, as you can see in my signature, I am also big on Lumix cameras - particularly micro four-thirds. Hey, it's all good and Canon's G series has always been appealing. The best part about shooting Pentax is that your fellow Pentaxians aren't fanboys. Generally, they are mature, open-minded adults who have genuine curiosity and appreciation of cameras from other manufacturers. So, enjoy your G12 and the nest of luck with it.
I am looking forward to learning (maybe you can teach an old dog, some new tricks ) all the features this interesting little camera offers. Thanks for the best wishes.

Les

Last edited by lesmore49; Jan 9, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:00 AM   #17

Quote:
LOL, yeah I know what you mean, allot of photo toys for my family as well. I just picked up a canon 60D, to go along with the t1i and olympus epl-1 and our little rollei point and shoot. Well my wife got the best part of the 60D deal. She gets the t1i and the epl-1, and only have the 60D now. That was my concession for getting the okay for the 60D.
You also have some interesting motorcycles....I also have two (vintage) and although I tell my wife they're investments...she ...quite rightly, corrects me and tells me they're toys....but nice toys.
Les
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:12 AM   #18

Yeah, I do have my shear of toys. Thank goodness my wife and I have the same hobbies so new toys are easier to get the okay for
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:44 AM   #19

No.
Never.
Shame on you!

We've got the Oly770 sitting in the shelf since we moved to Pentax dSLR as "family" camera, but when my daughter wanted/needed a P&S of her own we ended up with a Canon 580 and I think that was a good choice.

So what?

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:10 AM   #20

I also carry a Canon SD990is with me everyday in a belt pouch, It shares a sensor with the G10 and has full manual. The IQ can be amazing. But like you say anything serious it's the Pentax

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote