Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:08 AM   #1

Default Received Flipbac for K7

Well, I just got my new flipbac, and now I'm a bit hesitant to install it on my K7. I read reports of it wearing out, and not staying in position. Does anyone have any experience with the flipbac?
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:13 PM   #2

Not sure what it is, can you post a photo?

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:58 PM   #3

I have one, and after 2 weeks and 2500 photos in italy yes, it is loose. I have it stuck to a GGK screen protector, so they can both be removed easily. I am going to contact them about the loose hinge, because I really did enjoy having it quite abit.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:28 AM   #4

Hmm I took a good look at these - they seem excellent value and I'm seriously considering buying one.

Here's the link John : http://www.flipbac.com/page228.htm

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:07 PM   #5

My only real disapointment is that it has become loose - on a 15 day trip to Italy I quite enjoyed having it on the camera for the first 12 or so days! Keep in mind that it went through 15 days of heavy usage with me, in and out of the bag a dozen times a day, and I carry my camera with a wrist strap only so it is usually at my side where it occasionally gets pulled open on something.

I am a big fan of anything that moves the camera away from eye-level, as it can be a real creativity spark, and the flipbac definitely does the trick.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:17 PM   #6

Thanks, Kev. Now I understand.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:46 PM   #7

A brief update, Flipbac is replacing mine, hassle-free and a quick response - can't complain much about that!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by milrodpxpx View Post
A brief update, Flipbac is replacing mine, hassle-free and a quick response - can't complain much about that!
Well I guess I'll install mne then. They gave you know runaround? Let us know how easily it came off. Did you place it directly on the the LCD screen?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:10 PM   #9

Nope, no run-around. I sent them a 3 sentence email along the lines of: bought from adorama a month ago, took it to Italy and love it, but it has come loose (to be more specific, it flips halfway out simply by raising the camera to my eye). Sent that email last friday, received a reply sunday night asking for an address to send a replacement.

I have it on the screen protector, and intend to remove it from that and place the new one back on the screen protector as well. I'll update if I remember when the replacement arrives.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by milrodpxpx View Post
Nope, no run-around. I sent them a 3 sentence email along the lines of: bought from adorama a month ago, took it to Italy and love it, but it has come loose (to be more specific, it flips halfway out simply by raising the camera to my eye). Sent that email last friday, received a reply sunday night asking for an address to send a replacement.

I have it on the screen protector, and intend to remove it from that and place the new one back on the screen protector as well. I'll update if I remember when the replacement arrives.
Thanks, I'd like to know how it went. Was this used on a K7?