Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:42 PM   #11

2many - we didn't do much off-roading looking for ghost towns, but we did visit Rhyolite and drove the road past Leadfield through Titus Canyon. In some ways I'm surprised that there's anything left in either spot beyond tailings, so many other spots in the desert have been carted off or destroyed by thoughtless vandals. When in Rhyolite I took a picture of the remains of a wall that's covered with graffiti. Only thing is that in 500 years, will others think that graffiti as precious to maintain as we do of the Indian petroglyphs? And no, I'm not suggesting that everyone go out and carve their names into the rocks and ruins all around us!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:14 AM   #12

Looks like a lovely area, Harriet. In all the years we lived so close, we never went there.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:07 PM   #13

Patty - I'm not completely surprised that you never went there. Like many other unique and interesting places in California, it's not exactly on the main track of California life. It won't appeal to many as you have to work a bit at finding its charms. Otherwise, it appears as one big empty space with not much there.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote