Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 10, 2011, 1:10 PM   #11

Looks pretty scary to me, Ira!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:49 AM   #12

This is not my entry, just a first try. With only 12 seconds on the timer and a 28mm lens, I had to run in my ski boots, not easy, to get to my skis and twice did not make it. Note that I did not get fully into the skis. I'm going to try again with my 18-250 to get a little closer and try for a sunset. Mt. Shasta Ski Park with Mt. Shasta in the background. Nhmom, I would love to see your snow angel idea.
Attached Images

Last edited by pboerger; Feb 12, 2011 at 7:52 AM.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboerger View Post
Nhmom, I would love to see your snow angel idea.
Cool idea, pboeger. I like it. I very much doubt I will ever in the rest of my lifetime be able to do the snow angel. It's been a long week of more complications that are driving me crazy. Anyway, the idea is open to anyone else who wants to use it.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:08 AM   #14

Here is my entry, at least for now. Before the month is over I hope to hike up to a nearby summit and take a different shot, but with town meeting coming very soon, I'm not sure if I'll have the time. If so, I'll replace this shot, but who knows.

This "shadow portrait" was taken on the Angels Landing Trail in Zion National Park, during my very brief visit in December. Since it was taken within the last 90 days, I think it qualifies. The shot was taken with a K20D and a rented DA 10-17 mm fisheye lens. Using that lens for just a few days really got my LBA going in high gear. I hated to pack it up and return it when the rental period was over!
Attached Images

Last edited by mtnman; Feb 16, 2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: corrected identification of the lens used
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:06 PM   #15

Paul, I love your idea!

mtnman - I think that the reduced size posted here doesn't really do your picture justice. There's a lot that you are showing in it, the tree, the red sandstone rocks, the contrast with the snow, the harsh life plants in that locale have. It looks like one that should be much larger and hung on a wall, to really appreciate.

I have a similar type of picture (personal shadow) that I took when I was at Death Valley a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't thought about it in connection with this theme, but it applies very well. At the time I took it, I couldn't figure out how to avoid the shadow and still get the view I wanted, so I made the best of it by including my shadow. Until I find something else (and I may) here's my entry.

It's taken at Ubehebe Crater in Death Valley - you can see a bit of it on the right side of the photo. It's a volcanic crater and you can see how the eruption changed the landscape. Taken with the K5 and DA 12-24.

I may change the picture later, depending on how the month goes.

Changed my entry - see later picture. I had forgotten that I had posted this one so early!

Last edited by mtngal; Mar 1, 2011 at 10:38 AM.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 7:40 PM   #16

Wow! I figured we'd be to a second page by now.

Well, it ain't great. But, here's my photo for the month. Taken last weekend in the car on our way to visit the kids. Dirty car windows, plus through the glass and in a moving car. Plus, the polarizer to eliminate the reflections. So, not too clear. I had another one I wish would have come out. The grandson has a space helmet with full space outfit. Looks really cool. Anyway, I tried some shots of my reflection in his visor. But, they didn't come out.

Patty
Attached Images

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:49 PM   #17

You are using a Xatnep camera and that is against the rules. But we'll let it go just this one time. Very creative. Thanks for your entry.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:50 AM   #18

LOL! A neat picture, and very funny, Paul.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 7:47 AM   #19

Default my creative selfportrait

Well, this challenge was very funny (atleast for me) and I had the time to actually try and think outside the box...so I did...my oldest had a birthday party a couple of days back and they wanted to have some kind of masquerade so I came up with this :
Why not let the kids paint me and "create" my selfportrait..

so here it comes, hopefully it doesn't break any rules.... if it does please let me know....
btw, if it doesn't show, I am a tiger
Attached Images

SMC Takumar 50mm/f1.4 (manual)
"unknown" 35mm/f1.8 (manual)
CyberTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:45 AM   #20

I love the kid's enthusiasm. Great idea.