Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:16 PM   #11

Looks like a wonderful and rugged hike Mole. I imagine it must have been a great day.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 5:36 AM   #12

Hans - glad you enjoyed these. Sampson Mt Wilderness is a rich and moist habitat (a temperate rain forest!) - perfect for mosses now, and should be great for wildflowers this spring!

SSG - Glad you liked the shots! Our black bears are (mostly) awake and out already. But my noisy dogs usually scare them away before I even notice them. We did see plenty of bear droppings that day, but did not see any bears. Have been seeing bear tracks since January!

MtnMan - Sure was a great day, and a fine hike too. Hope you can see & enjoy it for yourself someday...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:48 AM   #13

Great pictures, and must have been interesting without a trail to folow.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:26 PM   #14

I really like the composition in those pictures with the leaf and the frog eggs- also such a contrast in the fallen dead leaf and the ready-to-be-born frogs.

Painter Creek Falls is such a unique looking waterfall. I know you say you didn't get to a good photo spot but I really like these pictures.

I also really like the water striders!!
BlueSkyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:42 AM   #15

Ronny - Thanks so much! Yes, I do enjoy some off-trail hiking - and sometimes it's the only way to get to unique places in the wilderness. It takes good topo maps and a lot of time noticing landmarks. Handheld GPS can help too. I don't encourage off-trail hiking to others though - it's a great way to get thoroughly lost, and also to damage sensitive plant populations if you're not very careful.

BlueSky - Thanks so much for taking time to comment - it's so good to hear your ideas & opinions. The frog egg photo - that's just the contrast/story I was after - glad it spoke to you! Am hoping to get back to Painter Creek Falls sometime and try for some better perspectives - maybe you can come along!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote