Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:17 AM   #1

Default Spring is coming!

So, my Dog, Dobby, is scared of my camera. which makes it really fun for me to try to go for walks with her and my camera...
Attached Images

Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:18 AM   #2

Both of these photos are a bit blurry from Dobby pulling on her leash, but you can get an idea of the view from my neighbor's yard
Attached Images

Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:20 AM   #3

Lately, there have been signs of spring EVERYWHERE!! flowers are blooming, and leaves are budding. i love it!
Attached Images

Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:21 AM   #4

thanks for any comments and critiques. maybe in the future, i should just tie dobby up when i want to use my camera : )
Attached Images

Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:57 PM   #5

I can totally sympathise with blurred shots caused by your dog pulling on her lead ! The last shot made me smile

Pity about the blurring in #2 - it looked like a cracker !

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:53 AM   #6

Hi,
Hope you don't mind, I had a tweak at #2 with Focus magic, but not sure if the shot was affected equally all over by the shift, perspective could cause unequal effects I think. Best I could get as below. ... Jack
Attached Images

jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:48 AM   #7

I like Dobby, he looks like a fun fellow to have around (even if he won't stand still for long, he looks very high energy). Jack's edit makes it look more painterly instead of blurred, rather a neat effect. And I think you should re-take that one with either Dobby tied up or else with the camera on a separate, sturdy surface like a tripod. The view looks beautiful and that sunset was gorgeous.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:47 AM   #8

Some really nice photos, despite Dobby's "assistance!" If you like what focusmagic did to your sunset shot, let me know and I'll tell you about a free software that works almost as well..

Especially nice detail shots - love the crabapple (?) buds for the rich color and nice use of DOF, and the great lines and textures in that first maple leaf photo!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote