Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:44 PM   #11

Hi again Michael,

Oh ------- BTW, this is only the only the first symptom of LBA. It's been established that a full case can't be diagnosed until the Pentaxian in question has at least 5 lenses that cover 50mm (or any FL for that matter).

As a tele shooter, I'm awaiting a DA 55-300 from Ed in GA -- this will be my 9th lens that covers 300mm

BTW, I don't mind being pointed out to the significant other as the "It could be worse -- look at this guy" guy. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:28 PM   #12

Have you noticed that LBA starts slowly, then speeds up for a while, before it goes into remission for a while? Scott - You, of all people, will be able to give an educated review of the 55-300 when you get it!

I'm lucky, I don't have LBA. I've been able to control any desire for new lenses very easily - my budget won't allow me to buy anything at the moment. And I can't have LBA if the next two lenses I want are different - one is a prime and the other is a weather sealed zoom that includes the same focal length as the prime, right?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
Hi again Michael,

Oh ------- BTW, this is only the only the first symptom of LBA. It's been established that a full case can't be diagnosed until the Pentaxian in question has at least 5 lenses that cover 50mm (or any FL for that matter).

As a tele shooter, I'm awaiting a DA 55-300 from Ed in GA -- this will be my 9th lens that covers 300mm

BTW, I don't mind being pointed out to the significant other as the "It could be worse -- look at this guy" guy. . .

Scott

great, then I am just in the beginning good to know
SMC Takumar 50mm/f1.4 (manual)
"unknown" 35mm/f1.8 (manual)
CyberTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:18 AM   #14

ok, so now I have had the lens in approximatly 5 hours

I have not had the time to take much pictures with it yet, but I took these two pictures and while the cat is great (i think so anyway, especially when considered taken handheld at 1/20) the flower seems very soft.

but I will continue shooting, every lens is different atleast the lens didn't suffer from the "lens diffraction" problem and it is in excellent condition...I even got a UV filter to it
Attached Images

SMC Takumar 50mm/f1.4 (manual)
"unknown" 35mm/f1.8 (manual)
CyberTron is offline   Reply With Quote