Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:11 PM   #1

Default Winter and Spring

We woke up to a dusting of new snow, while not unheard of, it's unusual for us to get as much as we've been getting this late in the season. Many of the plants are confused, they don't realize that winter isn't over yet.

My neighbor's crocuses are not happy!

All photos taken with the K5 and Vivitar Series One 105 macro. I'm having such a wonderful time with this new camera, and it was fun to get out with this lovely, old lens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:28 PM   #2

Wow, great shots. I especially like #4, the sad, down-facing crocus. We are finally having some spring-like weather. Today was a mix of clouds and sun, with temps reaching up into the high 50s. (I'm not certain, but that's probably around the high teens Celsius.) Must be fun shooting with a fantastic new camera body and a classic old lens. I'm glad Pentax has remained committed to backward lens compatibility.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:28 PM   #3

Hi Harriet,

I'm really happy you're having so much fun with the K-5. I was feeling a little bummed when your copy turned out to be less than optimal as I've been nothing but amazed at it's capabilities (Thank you Sony!).

Terrific series! I've been disappointed by the weather so far so it's no wonder that the So Cal plants are a bit confused, but we had almost 80 yesterday (for just 1 day), so I'm hopeful that warm weather might actually become a reality sometime in the foreseeable future. . .

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:47 PM   #4

Like them all. But Pix # 1 is my clear favourite.

Does this pix express spring....or what !!
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:59 PM   #5

Default Spring in Orlando is a little different

Yesterday morning's walk around the neighborhood brought 90 degree weather, all sorts of flowers, and a loquat tree.

Name:  Springtime in Orlando 010.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  94.3 KB
K-5 and 35/2.4 lens
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 5:51 AM   #6

Such sad-looking crocuses & daffodils! Great lines in the snowy grass (#1). Sure do hope your weather gets "un-confused" soon!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:14 PM   #7

Thanks for the compliments! - the weather is starting to be like spring finally. No more storms this far south for the near future, some possible warmer than normal weather this week. About normal for this time of year.

I had fun taking these pictures but haven't spent much time taking anything else this week. I bought a new computer and I'm in the process of trying to set it up the way I like. My old computer has something acting up (logic board?) and it's only able to "see" 2 of the 4 GB installed. I finally got fed up with it and bought a new MacBook Pro with 8 GB RAM. Can't believe how fast it is compared to the old one! But it's taking forever to get everything done (need to download stuff, locate license numbers, download updates, etc. etc.). Sigh! Nothing like trying to do two things at once.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:52 AM   #8

It might be something as simple as a memory module gone bad. I had an old G4 Mac (the old blue tower...) that suddenly lost half its memory for that reason...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:15 PM   #9

That was my first thought - took it into the shop and they tried reseating the modules. That fixed it and I went home happy. A couple of days later I still had 4 GB of RAM, the following day (without moving the computer) I had 2. Took it back to the shop where they turned on the computer (without doing anything) and it had 4. Went home and turned it on, there was only 2. At that point I decided that having a faster computer with more memory sounded like a great idea, instead of continually carting my computer to and from work numerous times.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
I finally got fed up with it and bought a new MacBook Pro with 8 GB RAM. Can't believe how fast it is compared to the old one!
I did the same, got a new quad core i7 MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM, only thing I would suggest is buying a 7200rpm hard drive to replace the rubbish 5400rpm drive it comes with (unless you upgraded that with the RAM?) it makes a lot of a difference, especially in things like Aperture where it hammers the drive when you open it.

On topic, lovely photo's, the first image is my favourite
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote