Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 9, 2011, 9:24 AM   #11

Since this thread won't go away, I will comment. Jerry's facts are entirely from the prosecution side, that is of course prejudiced. For the other side go here http://www.medicalmarijuanaofamerica...y-schafer.html For a balanced journalistic story, go here http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/01/359...s-or-drug.html. As for my journalism, I am a three time California Newspaper Publishers Association award winner for Feature News, Investigative News and Spot News Photography. You don't get those without telling both sides of the story. All I commented on was the money, not the facts of the case.

Last edited by pboerger; May 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 9:36 AM   #12

Thanks for the shots. Did you use flash to fill in at all (it doesn't look so). Now that summer's here, I'm outdoors a lot more and early afternoon photographs are mostly throw-aways.

(as for political commentary, it does come up when images of important events occur. i usually ignore it. i'm looking at the pictures.)
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 6:32 PM   #13

Your photos do an excellent job of portraying the event, from the protesters, to the cops, to the couple reporting for their sentences. From the photos I feel I have a good sense of what went on that day. As to the politics, this is a very heated issue, and many people have strong feelings on both sides. Thank you for showing us what happened on that day.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 9:32 PM   #14

pboerger , Some really good photos and reporting. I'm disappointed in everyone who either politicized this or continued to feed the fire. This is a photography forum, so let's keep it about photography. Again, thank you for your work.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 5:30 PM   #15

G'day PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
Your photos do an excellent job of portraying the event, from the protesters, to the cops, to the couple reporting for their sentences. From the photos I feel I have a good sense of what went on that day. ...... Thank you for showing us what happened on that day.
Well done for such an event

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 8:52 PM   #16

Thanks to all for your interest and compliments.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 11:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild View Post
pboerger , Some really good photos and reporting. I'm disappointed in everyone who either politicized this or continued to feed the fire. This is a photography forum, so let's keep it about photography. Again, thank you for your work.
Pboerger had no problem with his own political commentary when he first posted the pictures, nor with the political commentary of hnikesch. It was only when a different point of view was expressed that the self-righteous comments started about not making this about political commentary. If one is going to make a political statement when posting pictures, he shouldn't be surprised nor express consternation when an opposing political view is voiced. I would have much rather seen the series without the initial political commentary as well.
Old May 11, 2011, 12:27 AM   #18

OK, I'm outa here. The reason I joined Steve's five years ago was because everyone here enjoys photography. There are other internet forums in which to solve the world's problems. This kind of stuff has no place here. Keep having fun and being right, if that's what blows your dress up. Meanwhile, don't bother relying to this post, it will be like talking to the wall.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is online now   Reply With Quote