Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 9, 2011, 4:44 AM   #1

Default My K-7 Still Rocks

Hi guys and gal, near and far... and being that I am in Finland... well the emphasis is on "far." Hey I was out for a Mothers' Day walk with my wife, we walked around lake which is runs along downtown Jyväskylä. I took this photo (my wife hinted that there is apartment there for sale)... Anyway, I have had my K7 one year as of this month. This photo was taken about 20 minutes before sunset, I took it around 9:00 p.m. I still like using my K7

Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2011, 2:04 PM   #2

Very nice shot!

Thinking about it, yeah I got mine March last year as a birthday present to myself.
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 3:37 PM   #3

A lovely shot! You really took advantage of the light, and the location looks wonderful. How much for the apartment?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 3:50 PM   #4

Beautiful....I love the reflection...the quality of light.

BTW, interesting comment you made that your K7 still rocks. I know what you mean.

I think cameras age, but many don't deteriorate in their picture taking quality.

I find my old K10D still rocks. I've had it now, since November, 2007,when I bought it new.

I know it's obsolete, has thousands of shutter actuation's, has a scratch on the monitor, has fallen at least once...but I like the old beast, the pictures it produces, I've got it set the way I like it...what more could one ask ?

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 4:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
A lovely shot! You really took advantage of the light, and the location looks wonderful. How much for the apartment?
The apartment my wife was showing me was 237,000 euros (two bedrooms on the ground floor, no way). Glad you liked the photo. My wife actually noticed the shot... she said "Hey, look at the apartments" and it was just a lovely assortment of colours!
Old May 9, 2011, 4:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Beautiful....I love the reflection...the quality of light.

BTW, interesting comment you made that your K7 still rocks. I know what you mean.

I think cameras age, but many don't deteriorate in their picture taking quality.

I find my old K10D still rocks. I've had it now, since November, 2007,when I bought it new.

I know it's obsolete, has thousands of shutter actuation's, has a scratch on the monitor, has fallen at least once...but I like the old beast, the pictures it produces, I've got it set the way I like it...what more could one ask ?

Les
I hear ya, Les. I was just trying to chalk one up for Pentax. Now, if only I could find an affordable lens that is extremely high in picture quality... I have been using the kit lens for a year now... Thanks.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:21 PM   #7

Wonderful shot Ned. I also love the reflection. It's a very beautiful waterfront. My K20 still rocks as well.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 7:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
I hear ya, Les. I was just trying to chalk one up for Pentax. Now, if only I could find an affordable lens that is extremely high in picture quality... I have been using the kit lens for a year now... Thanks.
You might try the Tamron F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO. My wife primarily uses it on my K10D that I passed along to her, but the lens just take very nice pictures. I picked it up used, like new, on ebay for under $300. I don't think they normally go for that price, but I was very patient and found one that the guy had not described well and nobody was bidding on it, so I snapped it up. For the money, I think it's about as good as you can get for a walk around lens. You can buy it brand new on Adorama for under $500.
Old May 9, 2011, 8:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post

I've got the Pentax 12-24 and 16-45...12-24 is pricey but really good...16-45 no bad for the price..if you're looking for wide angles.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 9:01 PM   #10

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Beautiful lighting...I love reflections!

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote