Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 9, 2011, 8:13 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
MadMikeSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kenmore, NY
Posts: 743
Default Mother's Day at the Zoo

This is the 2nd year in a row that my wife has chosen to go to the Toronto Zoo for Mother's Day. Although, the weather this year is considerably better than last year (60's vs 30s-40s). I don't know why we torture ourselves with all that walking. Haha.









And naturally, the kids had a great time.

__________________
~MadMikeSS~
PPG Page
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2011, 3:21 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,056
Default

How can you not walk when you have the opportunity to capture such adorable faces, especially the first one? Love the series, especially the elephant's trunk - it's imaginative, not your normal zoo picture.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 7:25 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: East Central Vermont
Posts: 1,890
Default

Great photos Mike. I also really like the elephant's trunk. I have to wonder why the giraffe finds the bar at the top of the fence so appealing.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 6:50 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,522
Default

Great photos full of personality of the critters and talent of the photographer! Really cute family photo too!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 9:15 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
MadMikeSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kenmore, NY
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
How can you not walk when you have the opportunity to capture such adorable faces, especially the first one? Love the series, especially the elephant's trunk - it's imaginative, not your normal zoo picture.
I've been trying to expand my creativity, the elephant shot is an attempt there. I really like how it turned out. That ostrich really does have a face only a mother could love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
Great photos Mike. I also really like the elephant's trunk. I have to wonder why the giraffe finds the bar at the top of the fence so appealing.
Thanks mtnman, not sure what the giraffe liked about that fence either, but he was going to town on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Great photos full of personality of the critters and talent of the photographer! Really cute family photo too!
Thanks mole! It's really all about the kids enjoying themselves right?
__________________
~MadMikeSS~
PPG Page
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:22 AM.