Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 16, 2011, 12:13 AM   #11

These are great shots Scott, and I'm unspeakably envious that you have such clean images at ISO 8000. A short while ago I posted a miserable sample of a terribly noisy image I took with my K20 at ISO 3200.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2011, 9:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Wonderful series - great display of some fine birds, of some excellent equipment, and especially of a skilled photographer!

PS - If you ever come visit East Tennessee, I might even give you a private showing of our captive raptors.
Hi mole,

Thanks!

A very generous and tempting offer, but traveling is sometimes not a prudent option for me nowadays, but things could improve. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
I go to where they live and danged if I've ever seen one, much less photograph one.

I envy your experience, Mtngal.
I'll echo that envy! I've never seen any owl in the wild, but I hope to sometime soon. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
These are great shots Scott, and I'm unspeakably envious that you have such clean images at ISO 8000. A short while ago I posted a miserable sample of a terribly noisy image I took with my K20 at ISO 3200.
Hi mtnman,

Thanks!

At these sensitivity levels, the images are obviously not noise free out of the camera. Many would not find shooting at much over 3200 acceptable, even with the K-5, because they won't or don't like to process the images much, if at all. I'm obviously not in that camp, and use whatever means that will give me pleasing results.

I played with your sample and posted the results in your thread. I think that your images are probably workable, so don't give up on them, they're important family history, and it just would take some time and effort to make them better.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote