Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 24, 2011, 5:17 AM   #11

A beautiful photograph - such subtle light & wonderful composition. And wonderful color correction work by Jachol!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2011, 6:18 AM   #12

Thank you, Mole! I am happy you liked the composition, I was struggling with this photo's composition, thinking that something wasn't right when it comes to the system of thirds... You would not believe how many attempts I made at cropping this photo to try to get it right... but like all serious attempts, it is rewarding to work with challenges, and to explore! All the best to you and yours there in the wonderful state of Tennessee. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 3:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
A beautiful photograph - such subtle light & wonderful composition. And wonderful color correction work by Jachol!
You'll have me blushing mole, but thanks. This was a relatively easy one to correct. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:15 AM   #14

Default Rework -- An attempt to use artistic filters

Here is another version of the photo! A complete rework to make it look more like an impressionist painting... The cause of my blue tree had to do with adding contrast, and yes, "colour correction" which didn't adequately correct the colours... but worsened the previous one... hope you might like this better... took two jok'n hours just to rework this baby. For some odd reason, this photo does not look as "sharp" as what I originally have. Don't know why. Ned
Attached Images

Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:25 AM   #15

Love the photo, Ned.
I see everyone beat me to the solution for the blue problem, so I'll just be over in my corner sulking.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 1:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Here is another version of the photo! A complete rework to make it look more like an impressionist painting... The cause of my blue tree had to do with adding contrast, and yes, "colour correction" which didn't adequately correct the colours... but worsened the previous one... hope you might like this better... took two jok'n hours just to rework this baby. For some odd reason, this photo does not look as "sharp" as what I originally have. Don't know why. Ned
Hi Ned,

You've given it an etherial look, almost impressionist, but I like it ... there's no end to the effects you can get in PS or elements, and it's all good practice. ... Jack
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:15 PM   #17

LOL, Hi John! Great to hear from ya. And, thanks Jack for your kind photo. It took two hours to do this photo, but I learned some new techniques in PSE9... I had so much fun with this, but that is what we are here for. Thanks again. Ned