Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 30, 2011, 10:26 PM   #11

What a delightful hike, Mole! I didn't even tired or bitten by any bugs. Thanks for bringing us along. I wish I could make a helpful suggestion, but I can think of nothing that would improve these photos.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 8:58 AM   #12

Wonderful series, Mole!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:09 PM   #13

MtnMan - so glad you enjoyed the hike - it is indeed a rich and varied place, and not too difficult a trip...

GW - Thanks so much. Sure do hope & pray you get the health situation straightened out, so I can take you to enjoy Unaka Mt for yourself. It's so much more beautiful than any photo...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:07 PM   #14

Great series of photos! I enjoy your pictures so much, being an occupant of the Florida lowlands.

By the way, which lenses were you using for this series?

Elliot
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2011, 8:29 PM   #15

Elliot - So glad you enjoy these views of the high country! Hope you can come visit sometime...

Most of these were taken with Pentax A 35-105 - my favorite lens for many woodland scenes - really nice color and sharpness, and fairly easy to manual focus. Some of the close-ups (for example, the snail) were taken with Sigma 105 macro. The butterflies were with Sigma 70-300 APO. First two Rhododendrons (with the green blurred background) taken with Pentax A 70-210 (a fun little telephoto with great color). Oh, and a few were taken with Pentax DA 16-45. (glad I have a spacious backpack!!)
Old Jun 5, 2011, 12:29 PM   #16

Can't think of anything original so will just echo GW - wonderful series.

However, to my ageing eyes at least one of those Dead Man's Fingers looks far more like another part of a man's anatomy!!!

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:30 PM   #17

Wow!!!! I love this series!! (Especially on a hot sunny day like today; some of those cool green pictures make you say Ahhhh and almost cool off a little bit, haha.)

I guess my very favorites are the dragonflies mating, the snails (the detail is amazing, the shells are so beautiful aren't they!!), and the musk turtle (I never heard of or saw such an animal before- it's like a cross between a toad and a turtle!) But very hard to choose.

Because, those views are beautiful!!! And that's a great picture of a cicada. And the rhododendrons too.

Ha, I guess I'm really done now :-)
BlueSkyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2011, 9:45 PM   #18

Keith - so glad you enjoyed these! There are indeed some amazing and sometimes bizarre fungus forms...

Blue Sky - Thanks so much - glad to have given you this cool green breeze! Snails were my favorite of the day as well - worth the whole hike...