Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:02 PM   #1

Default August 2011 monthly Challenge: My Home

For this month we'll take pictures of anything having to do with our own home. Inside, outside, big, small, alive, not so alive or anything that represents our home. Since we can control a lot of these shots, lets look for some interesting lighting! As usual, only Pentax/Samsung equipment and shot in the past 3 months. Enjoy.
Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:21 AM   #2

Nice choice! Easy and hard at the same time, there is a lot of room to experiment and it's a place everyone can get to . So no excuses this month for not posting entries here .

I am not sure what you have in mind with the "interesting lighting", but I tried for some evening sun/shadow combination at my little BBQ corner.

The sky looks a bit like the storm is brewing, with the sun peeping through the clouds here and there. I still use that rather small BBQ as I haven't decided where to place a bigger one. Also it's very nice that I can place it under the covered terrace and make some nice food even when it's raining. Normally there would be a small round table standing next to the BBQ, but it's still not fully repaired so you'll have to live with that "uncomplete setup".

I hope the image can give you a feeling of how nice and relaxing it can be to sit there in the evening with a cold beer ready and watching the steaks and sausage getting ready . I can oversee the garden and the kitchen is right behind me, so in case I need something for the BBQ job it's just a (very) short walk. And yes - I'm not hectic at all when I barbecue .

I hope you'll like it.

Kind regards,
Th.

P.S. Image taken today, just a few minutes ago. EXIF is intact. Pentax K-r with Pentax F 28-105mm. Some quick and easy postprocessing, no crop.
Attached Images

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:43 AM   #3

Congrats on the win.

Interesting subject - I'll get my defence in first by reminding folk that I live in a hotel 4 nights per week so am waya from home more than I'm there.

But that's just an excuse - I've still got every weekend!

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:14 PM   #4

Warm July evening at twilight getting ready to roast marshmallows with the grand kids. Kr with kit 18-55
Attached Images

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:53 PM   #5

Nothing says "Our Home" than the view from our bedroom window. My lady in the garden in the morning. HDR without restraint. Kx, Tamron 18-250.
Attached Images

Last edited by pboerger; Aug 16, 2011 at 8:01 PM.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:13 PM   #6

To have that view out your window is just not fair to the rest of us!
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:35 AM   #7

It's tough to have a bad day when you wake up to our view. You should see it in spring!
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboerger View Post
It's tough to have a bad day when you wake up to our view. You should see it in spring!
Can I have your window?
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
Warm July evening at twilight getting ready to roast marshmallows with the grand kids. Kr with kit 18-55
Yes - I know that feeling. People might look different at first, but when there is a fire and a bench, some bread to roast (or the like) they are all the same. And at some point someone gets that guitar and they all start to sing. It's a small world after all.

Th.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboerger View Post
Nothing says "Our Home" than the view from our bedroom window. My lady in the garden in the morning. HDR without restraint. Kx, Tamron 18-250.
Hm, that looks more like a painting than a photograph to me. That being said I'd love to have that view when I look out of my window.

Th.