Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 9, 2011, 3:52 AM   #1

Default Black Forest (pole shot)

Hey there,
I was in the Black Forest area and this shows one of the many impressive views over the hills and valleys.

Kind regards,
Th.
Attached Images

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:25 AM   #2

Thanks for the shot. My wife and I lived there for 12 years and it is one of the most beautiful places in the world to live. Great people, wonderful scenery, and fantastic food.
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:28 AM   #3

My grandparents and dad, when he was five, came over to America from Germany in the 1920s from the Black Forest area. They founded a resort in the Smokey Mountains in North Carolina they called The Black Forest Lodge in memory of where they used to live. I have never seen a picture of the Black Forest. It actually looks a lot like my memory of the Smokies. Thanks.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:48 PM   #4

One of the places I would like to see...the Black Forest. Your pix motivates me to see...if you have any others, please post.

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:02 PM   #5

A very pretty picture - brings back some fond memories. I love the picture, Black Forest always seemed sort-of enchanted. And then there was a restaurant that had the best food - small place, the building was hundreds of years old. Meals were multiple courses, took a couple of hours to eat, the game meat was out of this world. Can't remember what it was called, but it was in the middle of the forest, more or less at the top of a pass or something like that, not in any city. What I wouldn't give for another meal there...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 8:33 PM   #6

Like so many others, I have always wanted to visit the Black Forest, but I have never been there. Some of my wife's ancestors came from that region, so it is on our list of places to see. Now I want to visit the forest and eat a meal at the wonderful restaurant that Mtngal visited those many years ago.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:03 PM   #7

The Black Forest is such a lovely place. We lived in Heidelberg for 6 years and I spent a fair number of weekends exploring the BF region. Would love to go back there soon.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:52 PM   #8

Hm,
since you liked the pole shot, I wonder how you feel about that one. This is what I saw when I left my hotel in the morning. (Provided I had some good clear weather, which unfortunately wasn't the case for at least half the time I spent in the Black Forest area).

Oh... and yes: one day I did a hike up to that white building on top of the mountain (ah well... let's not exaggerate... it's more a hill with like 700-something meters) you see. I was itching to do that since we arrived there

Yours,
Th.
Attached Images

Last edited by thkn777; Aug 12, 2011 at 2:56 PM.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote