Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:09 PM   #1

Default Third time out with my K5

Went out again with my new K5. So far so good. I really think this camera is the best all around DSLR on the market today. Must admit I get a bit nerves everytime I turn it on, but I just keep my fingers crossed.

tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:16 PM   #2

Looks good Tony. the detail in #2 is superb. I'm glad your second unit is working well.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:26 PM   #3

It does look like it's working very nicely. Good job on the squirrel, there's enough leaves and branches that it would have been easy to have the camera focus on the wrong thing.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:29 PM   #4

Thanks everyone. This camera really is fun. I love just setting it in TAv mode. You just couldn't do that before.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:19 AM   #5

Tony, you are making me jealous. I'm still waiting to hear back from B&H and start this return process.

Anyway, these are great. I love the squirrel. What lens did you use?

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Tony, you are making me jealous. I'm still waiting to hear back from B&H and start this return process.

Anyway, these are great. I love the squirrel. What lens did you use?

Patty
Hi Patty, Really sorry to hear about your K5. Hang in there it really is worth the trouble. I just used the 55-300mm. It was a very nice day with nice light. Ask them to upgrade you to second day delivery. They did that for me at no charge. Aside from your problem, how did you like the feel of the camera. I just love the way it fits.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:24 PM   #7

Got the RMA. Camera will be shipped back tomorrow. Not sure when the replacement is to arrive.

I liked the feel of it. I like that the antishake lever is not right where I am always turning it off and not realizing it. Although, don't like that it's buried in the menu. I went out with my K20 tonight to try to get the sunset. I can't remember right now what else I realized I was going to like on the K5. But, there were a few things I was looking forward to.

I forget what you had before. I've had the K100, then the K20 and now the K5. Well, almost.....

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Got the RMA. Camera will be shipped back tomorrow. Not sure when the replacement is to arrive.

I liked the feel of it. I like that the antishake lever is not right where I am always turning it off and not realizing it. Although, don't like that it's buried in the menu. I went out with my K20 tonight to try to get the sunset. I can't remember right now what else I realized I was going to like on the K5. But, there were a few things I was looking forward to.

I forget what you had before. I've had the K100, then the K20 and now the K5. Well, almost.....

Patty
The only other Pentax I've had was the K7, and my dad's Spotmatic with a 1.4 Super Takumar lens.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:20 PM   #9

Nice job, Tony! I can really see a difference in IQ of the K5 over the others.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Nice job, Tony! I can really see a difference in IQ of the K5 over the others.
Thanks. How's everything going for you? Really sorry to here you sold you equipment. Wish I had something to offer you.