Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 8, 2011, 8:18 PM   #1

Default Spare battery for K5

Has anyone found a good place for getting spare batteries for the K5? I noticed $36 on B&H for Pentax, $44 on Amazon for generic, $9 on Bestbatt.com for generic.

Thanks, Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:47 PM   #2

I had bought a generic from Adorama when I got the K7, but it only lasted about a year. So after it died, I bought the Pentax one from B&H. I didn't think the price difference between it and the generic from Adorama was worth getting a battery that wasn't going to last very long. I know that others have had much better luck with generics than I did.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:21 AM   #3

I've had two generics for my K20 for three years now. Work just as well as the Pentax that came with it. Just didn't remember who I bought them from. I might have a receipt around here some where.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:33 PM   #4

Hi Patty,

I've got the "house brand" generic from B&H that I bought over 2 years ago with the K-7 (uses the same battery as the K-5). I've had no problems, and can't tell any difference in use. Since I use the K-5 as my primary, and the K-7 as a backup, I rotate the 3 batteries (2 OEM and the 1 generic) between the two bodies, so they get equal use.

Since that time, B&H has gone to Pearstone as their primary generic camera accessory brand, and I just bought 2 Pearstone spares for my new Q. Only have had them a few days, but so far, it seems like they charge quicker and last longer than the original.

I trust B&H to not sell junk, and they always have been nothing but accommodating in their Customer Service. Their reputation means something to them. . . Personally, I'd rather pay a bit more knowing that a reputable store is standing behind the products that they sell.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:58 PM   #5

Scott - how do you like the Q? Post something in that part of the board, I'm really looking forward to what you have to say about it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote