Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:27 PM   #11

The watercolor twice is very effective. I'm going to give a go.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 6:45 PM   #12

Can't remember what order of filters I used but, except for the square crop, this was created using the filters in the K20D.

My little stereo.
Attached Images

FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:14 PM   #13

This has been a fun exercise. I'm still not sure what my final entry in the challenge will be, but the more I play, the more fun I have, so I'm not through. The first, taken yesterday of an old waterwheel, uses pastel and Retro. On the retro filter, I took the color nearly all the way to sepia

The second was from last weekend when we stopped by the zoo on the way through Little Rock on the way home. I THINK the only filters I used were Pastel and High Contrast, but don't hold me to it.

I've tried so many combos, I forget what I've used too soon.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:20 PM   #14

G'day mtngal

Thx for showing me the /more possibilities for "ruining" my already bad images .... seriously tho - "hey they're magic"

I have read in the manual about these filters, but never considered their possible usage - you have opened my eyes to possibilties

Thanks !!

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 5:18 PM   #15

Phil - I had played around with the high contrast and selective color before, but never played around with any of the others until this month. It's not for great photography, its for those times when you want to experiment and play around with things. I'm really impressed with the gorilla, I wouldn't have thought that would work as well. Give it a try and see what you can come up with - it's a way to spend a pleasant hour or so messing around with your camera.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:10 AM   #16

No power at home. On phone. But question. How to do the watercolor filter on k5. I'm just. It seeing it.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:43 PM   #17

Do you have power yet, Patty? Sounds like the heavy, wet snow really did a number on trees and power lines. We had issues like that last spring, lost two trees and countless branches.

The water color filter is the one below sketch - the icon looks like a paint brush. If you want to apply it twice, like I did above, do it once, then when it asks whether you want to save as or use filters in combination - choose "use filters in combination". That brings up the filter menu again and automatically applies the last selected filter, applying it again. That's how I happened upon the double water color effect.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:27 PM   #18

Now we have power. We really, really need to get a generator. I'm really tired of sleeping under piles of blankets with clothes on including hooded sweatshirt and gloves some times. Only got down to 43 in the house this time.

Ah, now I see. There is more than one way to get to filters. I kept going through the filters in the menu and just wasn't seeing what you guys were talking about. I finally scoured the manual and found that under post processing of photos there are more filters available. Guess I hadn't seen anyone say anything about that.

I'm just going to leave my photo as is as I really want to go sleep in a nice warm bed without feeling like a plump pumpkin. But, I will definitely play with these filters some more when I'm out home on a short medical leave again in a few weeks. Nothing serious this time. Just maintenance stuff to be done.

Thanks, Harriet for the tip about where it was. For a while there I was thinking maybe my camera was faulty since I wasn't seeing it where you were saying. And, scared myself Thursday night on the way home from Boston when, taking photos of the snow in the car in the dark, I lost my back LCD again. But, once I got home realized there is a button I had pushed that turned it off. I was a little worried there for a while, though.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:57 PM   #19

That's right, you can turn off the LCD - forgot you could do that. Glad you got things sorted out, I wasn't quite sure where you had gone wrong for finding the filters (otherwise I would have said how to get that far - recall a picture, push the down arrow and select digital filters). Very glad you now have power!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:59 AM   #20

Fun and interesting photos. I also forget everything I used by the time I'm done. Mostly watercolor and toy camera. In order: Forest Trail, Shasta Daisies and Fall Colors.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote