Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:51 PM   #1

Default Portraits 135mmF2.8 in Toronto

This Saturday I went to a Camera/lens shows in Toronto. Somehow there were some portrait possibilities and I went with my 135mmF2.8 as my DA200mm is with my daughter. See what you guys think. I had a good time mingling with fellow photographers

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:51 PM   #2

Second batch

Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:05 PM   #3

great series, now please don't ask me to pick a favorite, it's not going to work.

Ronny
Old Oct 17, 2011, 6:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhermans View Post
great series, now please don't ask me to pick a favorite, it's not going to work.

Ronny

Ronny

Thanks.

For this set I did not do any color balance. Do not ask what it means as I have no idea what I was doing. What is important is how you would compare these with the earlier page of this thread.
Also I have been playing around with the very complex GIMP under Ubuntu too. That free program is very elaborated .

What are you guys' view?

Daniel
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:08 PM   #5

Daniel - I am most definitely NOT an expert or qualified critic of portrait photography, but it looks like your capable hands & eyes make a great team with this fine old lens.
The Gimp series looks a little yellower than the others on my (uncalibrated) monitor with my (old & uncalibrated) eyes! Also, the photos of the young lady with dark hair and nosering look like they could use the Gimp's redeye reduction tool. Gimp is indeed a complex program - I especially like all the free scripts that you can download:
http://registry.gimp.org/
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:33 AM   #6

The first and last time I've been to one of those model shoots was 35 years ago with my Pentax ME and a Sears 135 f2.8, my 135 was a little shorter on the ME and I was shooting home processed B&W. My results were not as good as yours, nice job, I like the lighting setup.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 7:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Daniel - I am most definitely NOT an expert or qualified critic of portrait photography, but it looks like your capable hands & eyes make a great team with this fine old lens.
Thanks
I am too lazy even for red eye removal. I can never do it right anyway given my lack of skill. The important thing was having a good time. To me it was like shooting birds with majority of the time I just enjoy the company of fellow photographers and of course experienced models

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
The first and last time I've been to one of those model shoots was 35 years ago with my Pentax ME and a Sears 135 f2.8, my 135 was a little shorter on the ME and I was shooting home processed B&W. My results were not as good as yours, nice job, I like the lighting setup.

Hans
Hans
My 135mm is like 200mm on your ME. And with manual focus, that would have been really tricky. In my best days (good old ones) I could not manage even one decent image that I liked.

Daniel