Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 17, 2011, 2:16 PM   #21

Great series, we don't have those colors in fall, so I'm always impressed by how colorful it gets.
ps: Really like the snout butterfly.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:22 PM   #22

Jim - And thanks for looking, and taking time to comment!

Daniel - Thanks so much! I had a lot of fun playing around with the feather and the autumnal backgrounds...

Narcis - East Tennessee's varied topography and diverse forests do make for a richness at any season, and especially the autumnal tints. Purplish hues are mostly the older White Oaks, although we have a number of others with purple tints, including some of the Ashes, the Sweetgums, etc.

Kevin - Thanks for your kind words. Yes, that vulture was probably checking to see if this old Park Ranger was dead yet - glad I was able to disappoint him!

Hans - Thanks so much - I am indeed blessed to have such great places to view the landscape...

Tony - You are too kind! I have plenty more to post when time permits, but have not had time to sort through them yet...

Ronny - Glad you enjoyed the fall colors, and happy to be able to share them. Have photographed Snout butterflies before, but this was the first that was willing to pose with its wings open - cold weather encourages sunning...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:24 AM   #23

Beautiful photos. I do not get those chances in Florida. Just spent two days in Shenandoah National Park and got some fair images. Family I was with do not have patience for hours or time to get best out of trip but really enjoy your photos in the Parks. We started hike to waterfall in Shenandoah but had to turn back to make it in time for tour of Rapidan Camp we had scheduled. Keep the coming!

Ed
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:21 PM   #24

Very good series Marty. I'm most taken with the 1st image, second set (2nd post). Nice composition to anchor the shot!

We're just starting to see a good amount, similar to what you've described. I have the DA* 16-50/2.8 and Sigma 8-16 for a 10 rental, so I can see what both can do. So far, I'm impressed with what's been taken, although it's at smaller apertures.

Regards,
Marc

“The camera is only a tool: the image is the product of your mind and vision.”
Marc Langille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:41 PM   #25

Ed - Photos are fun, but family obviously far more important! Glad you had time for both, and that you enjoyed my photos too.

Marc - Thanks for the kind words and helpful feedback. Hope you will get a chance to enjoy this fine wild spot yourself someday (it's along the AT at the Tennessee/North Carolina line - in addition to the great views and amazing diverse, lush old forests, there are several populations of rare plants, and a nearby high elevation bog full of rare odonates.)
mole is offline   Reply With Quote