Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:24 PM   #11

And here are a few more views of autumn leaves decorating autumnal rainpools - at Unaka Mt and at the home park as well...
Attached Images

Last edited by mole; Oct 24, 2011 at 8:26 PM. Reason: (forgot to attach photos! oops)
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:28 PM   #12

Hope you have enjoyed these soggy wanderings through the East Tennessee hills, and that you will share your comments, critique & suggestions!
Attached Images

Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:46 PM   #13

A lovely series! The foggy barn is particularly interesting to me. I can see what caught your eye about the leafy rock. I like the first one, it puts it in perspective. The second one is a bit in-between for me - it doesn't show the background/put it in relationship to its surroundings and it isn't close enough to be a detail. I like the contrast of the leaves and lichen - I think I would have tried a much closer detail shot with just some leaves and one of the spots of lichen, if you could have gotten that close. But that's me - I like details and contrasting things. That's something you always do so well, one of the reasons I always love your pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:47 AM   #14

Ah, I began my morning with a cup of coffee and your beautiful pictures. Can't think of better way to begin today. Beautiful, brooding, promises of winter to come. You did a wonderful job gathering glimpses of the changing season. I liked them all and have viewed them several times already. Thanks for sharing gifts of beauty.

K5, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Panasonic LX5, Canon G15
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:03 AM   #15

Mole you've done it again, amazed me with you water shots, love the lighting. Now I know I need to get out more in overcast and after the rail. Great job

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
Here are two perspectives on one of the innumerable leaf-speckled boulders at Dry Creek. Not sure just what drew my attention to this one, but would appreciate your input on which "pose" works better for you.
I like the one on the right. The background seems to suit the foreground better. As usual a great series.

Are the boulders glacial "erratics"?

Regards
bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:31 PM   #17

What else is there to say but "Thanks!"
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:40 PM   #18

All I can say is WOW! You have an amazing eye Mole, and the photographic talents to present us with a seemingly endless string of award winning images.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:27 AM   #19

Wonderful. Thanks for the splendid photography!
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 7:34 PM   #20

Harriet - Thanks so much for your kind words and very helpful input. I did indeed take some closer shots of just a few leaves and lichen, but already have LOTS of similar shots, and wanted to try some other perspectives. Glad that the first worked for you. Since you enjoyed the foggy barn, I'll post a few more shots of it here...
Attached Images