Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:11 PM   #1

Default Pentax K-5 New High School Construction Images

Here are 4 images I shot today with my Pentax K-5 at our local new high school construction site. I do a walk through ever 12 to 14 days and document the entire project. The project has yield just under 10,000 images to date and the project is due to be complete in May 2012.

These are posted more so you can see what the images straight out of the Pentax K-5 look like (resized to fit this site) vs looking at the construction. Hope you enjoy

dave
Attached Images

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:09 PM   #2

There's not much more to go with the construction. Really like how they did the grandstands. It always interests me how architects try to deal with buildings that are essentially big blocks, so that they have some interest to them. Are the clocks atomic clocks (think that's what they are called, where they communicate somewhere else and set their own time) or just the usual battery or electric clocks? They've been putting some of the self-setting clocks around at work - I've gotten rather used to not having to adjust them every so often. Nice pictures!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:46 PM   #3

They are atomic clocks. They are run via wired electric with a battery back-up for each clock. The clocks communicate with the IT room and an antenna on the roof of the building. The IT room not only handles the clocks, but feeds all the computer modems outlets in each room of the building, feeds all the TV Monitors from the TV studio and also takes in the feeds from over 150 security cameras.

dave
Old Nov 4, 2011, 2:42 PM   #4

Definitely looks like you are making good progress. Where is the school (FCHS) being built? I know you are in central VA -- I'm in northern VA.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:29 PM   #5

Fluvanna County, VA. On RT53 near the main entrance for Pleasant Grove Park. Its a $65 Million project. Started in April 2009 and should be turned over to the school system in June 2012 and opened in August 2012....

dave
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:20 PM   #6

Dave, you're making nice shots with that new K-5. Looks like the kids will be happy to return to school next year.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:56 PM   #7

Nice job. Would be fun to see the bleachers filled with people wearing the same color clothes as the seat they're sitting in.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:31 PM   #8

These are nice images. I, too, have been impressed with the "out of camera" shots I've taken. Not really much need to process much. And, I'm getting a lot more keepers. No need to take multiple shots like I used to do to make sure at least one came out good.

VA seems to be the hopping place for new high schools. When we were down that way in April we saw that Clarke County was building a new school, too. Wanted to check it out, but it wasn't as far as yours yet.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 8:58 PM   #9

Thanks for the kind comments. I have been very impressed with the images so far and have not needed to re-take shots because they came out bad on my cameras LCD screen yet. I've also yet to use my hot shoe flash as the pop up flash really does the trick when I need more light-flash.

dave