Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:38 PM   #11

Great to "see" you back, and to see more of your great photos! Wonderful series of the falls - some great composition and clarity. (Really cute butterflies too!)

Even more important, glad to hear that you are fully recovered from the illness...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:04 AM   #12

Mole, thanks for the welcome back.

Try as I may, I could not slow those falls down trying in camera filtering using multiple exposures. A really strong ND filter may have worked. I found that carrying my tripod to the falls was a bad idea as our group was moving too fast and there was little room on the path to set up and use it without causing an inconvenience to others wishing to view these spectacular sights, so I went hand held for all my shots after one try and lugged the tripod the rest of the way.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:12 AM   #13

Thanks for sharing some amazing shots Lou,

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:24 AM   #14

Hans, many thanks. Glad you enjoyed visiting this fabulous sight through my pictures.

Lou
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:31 AM   #15

Lou, those are outstanding images of spectacular scenes. I am glad that you have recovered from what sounds like a trying ordeal. It is a privilege to look over the shoulder of those who travel to places of such beauty.

K5, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Panasonic LX5, Canon G15
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:48 PM   #16

The pictures are fantastic!!!

The story about your trip and being under the weather - your trials and tribulations are almost equal to the images....

I am glad you are both feeling back up to par.

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:09 AM   #17

Interested_observer, Thanks for looking, and glad you enjoyed these fabulous falls.

The virus I had was unusual in that it lasted so Long! The water that went up my nose while under the falls in the boat settled in my ears and it took 2 weeks of steroids (Flonaze) to finally get me straightened out.

Lou
Old Nov 9, 2011, 9:55 AM   #18

Incredible falls! Thanks!
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:30 PM   #19

Incredible falls (gorgeous butterflies), incredible journey - can't wait to see lots more from your trip. So very pleased to hear you recovered your health though.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
Incredible falls (gorgeous butterflies), incredible journey - can't wait to see lots more from your trip. So very pleased to hear you recovered your health though.
Thanks Kevin, more travel shots are coming.

Glad you enjoyed the falls and butterflies. I had a problem taking the picture of the 88. High heat and high humidity fogged my lens that was still cold from being in the air conditioned bus. Luckily my trusty Tamron 18-250 was acclimated so I put it on and did the best I could with it.

Lou