Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:33 AM   #1

Default My backsliding into film

And my collection so far.

I've been accused of "Bottom Feeding" on my camera purchases...and that may be true. I've really developed an affinity for mid to late 50's to mid 60's rangefinders and SLR's. They are just made so well and feel SOOO good when holding and using them. I was almost totally through with film when the folks MF Lenses enticed me back into it. Oh well here they are....Like the time I posted my lens collection I had to endure my wife's cries of Are All those yours?!!! And What do you need with all of those?!! We collectors are much maligned...Aren't we?? :lol:

As before...if the powers that be think this needs to be moved then please do so. I won't object.

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/201111/big_1100__IGP5259_1.jpg][img]http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/201111
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:06 PM   #2

Wow! Do they all work? I really need to show this to my husband since he commented today on my having the K100, K20 and now K5. He wants me to sell two of them.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:00 PM   #3

Tell him you can't give up the K100, it's the only one you have with a weak AA filter that allows some IR to get through. Buy an R72 filter and do some IR with it. You need the K20 and the K5 together - have a wide angle on the K20 and a telephoto on the K5 - saves you time because you don't need to change lenses all the time. Does that all sound like good reasons to have 3 cameras? (I have the K100, K7 and K5).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhmom View Post
Wow! Do they all work? I really need to show this to my husband since he commented today on my having the K100, K20 and now K5. He wants me to sell two of them.

Patty
Be sure to tell him I shot this with a K7 too. LOL They all work and are in pristine condition. Pretty good considering some are 70 years old.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:36 PM   #5

I feel ya, bro. I have a few similar cameras: A Minolta x700, the K1000 (Asahi on the finder), Canonet QL17 GIII, a pair of Kowa SIXes with a decent array of glass, Pentax P30T, Nikon FM10 (yeah, not really a classic *or* a real Nikon, and a couple newer EOS film cameras.
They don't stand a chance to displace my dSLRs, but I really do enjoy using them anyway, when I have a little extra scratch for film/processing.
spacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:37 AM   #6

Thats a magnificent collection and really like the way you have placed them in the overview shot.

I can understand your love for rangefinders, still have a cannonette (rangefinder) lying around that is still working and that I started with around 1980.

Ronny
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacer View Post
I feel ya, bro. I have a few similar cameras: A Minolta x700, the K1000 (Asahi on the finder), Canonet QL17 GIII, a pair of Kowa SIXes with a decent array of glass, Pentax P30T, Nikon FM10 (yeah, not really a classic *or* a real Nikon, and a couple newer EOS film cameras.
They don't stand a chance to displace my dSLRs, but I really do enjoy using them anyway, when I have a little extra scratch for film/processing.
It is getting harder to find film and processing locally so the price of both is going up. The "scratch " doesn't go as far as it used to. I have 3 more bought and on the way now. An Iloca Rapid II L, an Agfa Optima and an Arette IB. And it goes on and on. Most bought for $10.00 or less.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhermans View Post
Thats a magnificent collection and really like the way you have placed them in the overview shot.

I can understand your love for rangefinders, still have a cannonette (rangefinder) lying around that is still working and that I started with around 1980.

Ronny
Thanks Ronny. The Canonette is on my list but they go for a higher price than I wish to pay right now.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:21 PM   #9

Big Dawg,

I know exactly what you mean on all counts. BTW...admirable collection you have both in film cameras and lenses.

I still have all my film cameras. They are lovely to use, although I admit I really don't use them much, if at all.

But as you say, the quality, the metal parts, how they 'click' mechanically into their settings are all thing I enjoy.

A partial listing of my old warriors include:

• '30's (I think) Zeiss- Ikon Super Ikonta B - medium format
  • Mamiya Twin Lens Reflex 220 Pro F...with three Mamiya-Sekor Lenses...all leaf shuttered
  • Yashicamat TLR- medium format
  • '68 Pentax S1a SLR
  • '74 Pentax ES 11 SLR
  • '52 Leica 11f - Rangefinder with 50mm Elmar F 3.5 collapsible lens- this is a wonderful camera to use..so precise, very heavy duty, a delight to just look at....
  • Petri 35 mm SLR with some old Petri mount lenses..wonder how many are familiar with this old name ?
There's more but I've run out of gas for now.....

Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:24 PM   #10

Awesome collection Dawg!

Really like the Pentax MF camera, been eyeing up one of those for a while now.
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote