Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:03 PM   #11

Dr. C - You are too fast for me - was still busy posting when you shared your (very kind) comment. Thanks so much!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:29 PM   #12

Another enjoyable trip through Tennessee! Thanks for sharing these wonderful photographs.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:48 PM   #13

Beautiful photos Mole, and you're launching a beautiful project for the local children. Thanks for sharing these images, and best wishes with the bicycle restoration.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:48 PM   #14

Ordinarily I prefer horizontal frames for landscapes, as in your first Buffalo Mountain view, but in this case the vertical crop is more effective because it emphasizes the ridge in the foreground, thus lending a greater dimensionality (feeling of depth) to the shot - I like this one a lot.

I also think the last fog shot is exceptional - the backlighting evokes a sense of being there - you can almost feel the mist. Very nice.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:40 AM   #15

I liked the foggy sun shots, I think the composition on the last one is my favorite. Of the pink sunrises I like the composition on the first better. Hard choice for the autumnal and wintry views but the 1st stands out for me. Great series Mole. Have fun with the bikes. It's getting cold here and the leaves are all down, some flurries yesterday. With the later sun rises I just might get out and see one.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:51 AM   #16

Well, we're talking of the best of the goodies here, as you always post first class images. I agree with Penolta and Hans on the foggy shots, and with Penolta on the ridge.
The one that really stands out for me is the first Goldenrod picture. I like the composition, and how the blurred background is sharp enough to put the Goldenrods in context.

Kjell

Last edited by bilybianca; Nov 18, 2011 at 3:12 PM.
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2011, 5:37 PM   #17

MacBook - So glad you enjoyed the "tour!"

MtnMan - Thanks for your kind words, and for your encouragement as well. Bike repair is proceeding slowly but surely - looks like we'll have about 60 to give away this year!

Penolta - Thanks so much for your very kind and very specific comments/critique - a big help! Portrait orientation sometimes works for our layered mountains, something I try often and find success occasionally! Glad you liked the misty shot too - you'll have to come visit sometime and enjoy for yourself!

Hans - Thanks so much for all the very specific as well as helpful feedback! We've already had some snow in the higher elevations (about an inch on the ground today in the shadier parts of Holston Mt). Will look forward to seeing your sunrise photos!

Kjell - Thanks so much for taking time to comment, and for your very kind words! That goldenrod shot was one of my favorites too - tried it from a number of different angles and perspectives until I got a few that were OK. That A 70-210 is a fine and under-rated lens...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote