Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:45 PM   #11

Thanks all.

This is my 6th Pentax SLR/DSLR since 1968.

Pentax S1a, ES 11, K1000.

Actually the K1000 is my wife's...she bought it before we were married. I knew she was the right one...after I found out her choice in cameras.

In the digital era...K10D, KM (K2000 in the states) and now the K-5.

Guess you might say I'm a brand loyalist.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:08 PM   #12

Welcome to the K-5 club. The one thing I will add is that when I git the Pentax K-5 I found the included camera strap to be very uncomfortable, made the camera heavy around my neck and the strap got in front of the lens at times when I was trying to take pictures. So on the advise of 3 separate sources I bought a black rapid (?? on spelling) that attached to the tripod screw mount and hands the camera across my body-chest and makes the camera so much easier to handle and feel less heavy. If the strap starts to be an issue for you look at the black rapid and I know you'll like it.

I am finding the camera's high ISO 1600 and 3200 to be amazing and battery life is not bad at all either better than quoted on the review sites (I do not shoot with a grip). Also as for lenses I only have the Sgma 18-250mm as I need to have a one lens solution for what I do and not wanting to change lenses in the middle of something and I am loving the Sigma, although at some point I'd love to have a really good low light lens for those really ow light times that I know will come up......

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo 5 View Post
Welcome to the K-5 club. The one thing I will add is that when I git the Pentax K-5 I found the included camera strap to be very uncomfortable, made the camera heavy around my neck and the strap got in front of the lens at times when I was trying to take pictures. So on the advise of 3 separate sources I bought a black rapid (?? on spelling) that attached to the tripod screw mount and hands the camera across my body-chest and makes the camera so much easier to handle and feel less heavy. There's an acquaintance of mine that has that very strap on his Canon DSLR. He swears by it, when it comes to comfort. I did notice that the K-5's strap seems to be shorter than either my K10D or KM strap.If the strap starts to be an issue for you look at the black rapid and I know you'll like it.

I am finding the camera's high ISO 1600 and 3200 to be amazing and battery life is not bad at all either better than quoted on the review sites (I do not shoot with a grip). Also as for lenses I only have the Sgma 18-250mm as I need to have a one lens solution for what I do and not wanting to change lenses in the middle of something and I am loving the Sigma, although at some point I'd love to have a really good low light lens for those really ow light times that I know will come up......

dave
I'm also impressed by the high ISO performance, during the brief time I've had the camera....and thank you for the welcome.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote