Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:43 AM   #1

Default The Marginal Way

The Village of Ogunquit, Maine, has a paved path that winds it's way along the rocky coast.
About 1-1/2 miles long it starts in Perkins Cove and you can walk to the main beach. There are about 15-20 benches along the way-in July you can't find an empty one anywhere. In early December you don't have that problem. Taken mid afternoon on Saturday, 12-11-11. Ist DS using DA 55-300. Resizing to 16 x 9 format, ISO 200.
Attached Images

DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2011, 5:44 PM   #2

I've never seen this walkway so quiet and peaceful -- usually it's jam-packed. This is a very appealing image.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
I've never seen this walkway so quiet and peaceful -- usually it's jam-packed. This is a very appealing image.
Glad to see that someone else has been there. Really peaceful and quiet this time of year-and no snow yet as a bonus.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:37 PM   #4

Love the picture. I've only been in Maine once many years ago, but think your walk would be a place I'd like.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:37 AM   #5

Default The 'Nubble"

On the way home we stopped in York, Maine at Cape Neddick Light (AKA Nubble Light) The day before a Canadian cold front came through and turned the air clean and crisp.One of the most photographed light houses in the world. Ist DS using DA 55-300 ISO 200
Attached Images

Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:03 PM   #6

Very nice late afternoon light. With three wreaths, the only thing this scene lacks is a modest blanket of snow, but we all know we can't control the weather!
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:27 AM   #7

Now that is a great shot at marginal way. Love the solitary bench and great ocean view. In summer this place is buzzing with tourists.

Nubble light is a great sight when it is in its seasonal dress. Thanks for showing it to us. I think that they put Christmas lights up in December that outline the buildings and it makes a nice night shot.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltech View Post
Now that is a great shot at marginal way. Love the solitary bench and great ocean view. In summer this place is buzzing with tourists.

Nubble light is a great sight when it is in its seasonal dress. Thanks for showing it to us. I think that they put Christmas lights up in December that outline the buildings and it makes a nice night shot.

Lou
They light up the lighthouse the Saturday after Thanksgiving and stays lit until New Years. I'm sure the new K-5 could do a great job with it's low light capability.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:49 AM   #9

Love the lighthouse! Thanks for the reminder, I really need to finish processing and putting together the album for our trip last month to Pt. Reyes and their lighthouse. It's so totally different than yours.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Love the lighthouse! Thanks for the reminder, I really need to finish processing and putting together the album for our trip last month to Pt. Reyes and their lighthouse. It's so totally different than yours.
Where is Pt Reyes? Have you posted shots of this before?