Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:25 PM   #1

Default Hi Everyone

Been a member of the Panasonic section for about a year but as i've just replaced my Dmc Fz-38 with a Pentak K-r I thought i should transfer here
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:07 PM   #2

Welcome! Hope you are enjoying your fine new camera, and be sure to post any questions you might have... Will look forward to seeing your great photos soon!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:33 PM   #3

Congrats and welcome to the Pentax forum. This is a very helpful and friendly forum.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:01 PM   #4

Welcome indeed. This is an excellent forum where people are very willing to help each other and answer questions. We'll look forward to your participation.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:21 AM   #5

Welcome! Don't hesitate to ask questions, it can be a big jump from an ultra-zoom to a dSLR. There's lots of experience around here, so if you find something that doesn't make sense, just ask.

Post pictures - how are you doing with the camera?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:18 PM   #6

I've not taken many really due to the usual bad weather . I took this yesterday then discovered the ultra cool colour seperation . It is indeed a big step up but i'm just taking my time . No doubt i'll have questions very soon though

Old Dec 30, 2011, 6:56 PM   #7

Welcome

From one Panasonic/Pentax user to another. I'm still on the fence on which is better for my situation. I have the K-x similiar to your newer K-r and several lenses. I also own several Panasonics I am not prolific with either one and can honestly say I'm not sure of the advantage of one over the other. I hope you do well with your K-r, But i believe your Fz-38 will still be one that you might return to. Do to the fact that it is an all in one package.

Before I get anyone upset here. I'm not saying the FZ-38 is superior I'm just saying it is a bit of a change from a bridge camera to what he has.
Any way best of luck I hope we can learn something from each other.
Panasonic FZ-100, FZ-150, LX5, LX7, Pentax K-x & K-5, Bower Flash, FA-50 1.7,FA-100 2.8, FA-135 2.8, DA-35 2.4,DA-18-135 3.5,DA Limited 15 4, DA Limited 70 2.4, DAL 18-55, DAL 55-300, Pentax 1.7 Teleconverter, Sigma 70-200 2.8
popellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by popellis View Post
Welcome

From one Panasonic/Pentax user to another. I'm still on the fence on which is better for my situation. I have the K-x similiar to your newer K-r and several lenses. I also own several Panasonics I am not prolific with either one and can honestly say I'm not sure of the advantage of one over the other. I hope you do well with your K-r, But i believe your Fz-38 will still be one that you might return to. Do to the fact that it is an all in one package.

Before I get anyone upset here. I'm not saying the FZ-38 is superior I'm just saying it is a bit of a change from a bridge camera to what he has.
Any way best of luck I hope we can learn something from each other.
Hi Mate.

I recognise your username from the Panasonic forum .
When i decided to change camera i thought long and hard between an Slr and the Fz-150 eventually deciding on the Slr.
I expect to eventually take better photos but i don't expect it to be as easy to achieve decent results . I guess having both would be the perfect (but not affordable for me ) option
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:17 AM   #9

It's funny because my very first post here was "what non-dSLR camera..." I ended up buying a camera I never quite got along with (FZ30) and came to the conclusion that if I was willing to give up on smaller size and convenience I would get better pictures. While it turned out to be the right decision for me, it's not the right one for everyone. The best camera for any one person is the one that they use - whether it be a small compact, an ultrazoom or a dSLR.

I love my K5 and my bags full of lenses, I love the quality of photo I can get (if I pay attention to photo things, rather than thinking about the squirrel that's using my roof for a raceway/playground). I love the ability to experiment with new photo techniques, it's all great fun. I wouldn't change anything except that I'd like two more lenses sometime in the future. This can sure be an expensive hobby, if you let it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:17 PM   #10

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get help and share ideas.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote