Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:35 PM   #1

Default I've done it!

It's almost 5 years since I bought my Samsung GX10. In that time I have taken many thousands of photos, some of which are quite good (even if I do say so myself). I then joined a number of Pentax forums, this being the only that I regularly read (and sometimes post).

Over the years I have seen folk upgrade to the K20, then the K-7, and more latterly the K-5. And I have to admit to not a little envy. Not only did you folk take fantastic photos, many of you were now doing so with the amazing K-5.

I'd read the various posts and view the photos; I'd read reviews of the K-5; I'd think - if only I could win the lottery (don't get me wrong, I'm not actually poor, just could never justify the cost of the K-5).

Then, on the Thursday before Christmas, my manager informed me that I was getting a bonus. I could afford (just) a K-5! But wait, should I get one? After all, I haven't been taking many photos lately. Perhaps I should buy a guitar instead (another hobby I neglect)

Luckily I have a very sensible wife who said "Of course you ought to get the camera". So I have! Delivery is due Wednesday (but as I work away from home it'll be Friday evening before I get my hands on it).

Am I excited? You bet!!!

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:57 PM   #2

Goon on you Keith, and you lovely wife, a little spoil every now and again is good for you. I'm sure you're like a dog with six tails, enjoy you new K5.

Simon.
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:33 PM   #3

Congratulations! I think you made the right decision. Looking forward to your photos with it......Once you get your hands on it. Sorry you have the delay. I can feel your excitement having just gotten mine a few months ago.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2012, 11:52 PM   #4

What a wife ! You're going to love that camera Keith .. that's a huge leap despite the lovely CCD of the GX10 !

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:02 AM   #5

Your gonna love the camera, shooting with a High ISO produces some amazing pictures. Just make sure you have a fast class10 SDHC card in case you want to try you hand at shooting action stuff.

Also sounds like you have an Amazing wife as well.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:31 AM   #6

Where do ya get a wife like that and a camera like that?
Congratulations !!!
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:50 AM   #7

The camera is available from various retailers such as bhphotovidepo and amazon........
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:56 PM   #8

Spouses can sure be practical about things! I agonized a bit about the K-5 though I wanted one as soon as I saw some of the pictures others were taking with it. Luckily, my hubby heard me out as I tried to talk myself out of one and then said, "forget all that - just get the camera." How lucky we are!

Have fun with the new camera.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:30 PM   #9

Congrats! I'm looking forward -- some day -- to joining the K5 club. But for now, my K20 is still serving me well.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:01 PM   #10

I am moderately to insanely jealous!
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote