Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:38 AM   #11

I agree very nice, job well done. It even looks good through sinus congested eyes on this end. Hope you get over it soon, I'm still plugged up

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:16 AM   #12

I was actually surprised at how little time it did take - maybe an hour or two. I once spent a week with some scanned film photos trying to line them up by hand and match exposures, and I had shot them with an idea of a pano, not like this.

Under transform I used skew, scale and warp to get things to more or less line up. Then because the palm trees over the apartment building didn't quite match up I did a bit of cloning to get it to look better. The colors weren't the same - I ended up using one of the photo filter adjustment layers to cool the left frame down some, then made it a bit darker. Once I got that to match I added a mild warming filter to the whole thing - I had tried to warm the right side up but couldn't get the colors to match one. In that trial process I decided I liked the over-all scene a bit better warmer than how the right side was originally. I really hadn't expected it to work at all, so I was pleasantly surprised and had fun playing with a new feature in Photoshop - always useful to learn more about the program.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:39 AM   #13

Striking pictures...both are great...but the second one is really something. It must be very similar to the actual view one would get with our vision.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 7:21 AM   #14

Great pano! I like the more dramatic look to the sky and the "S" curve of the tide in the new rendition though the first image was no slouch.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:14 AM   #15

Next time we go down to Oceanside I'll try to take a series that's more designed for a panorama, so I don't have the problem of lines not at the correct angles between frames (one looks all right, the other isn't), and I'll extend the series out further to the right and try to include the jetty. Just hope I have as spectacular a sunrise.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:48 PM   #16

Yes, the sky was amazing in this shot. Looking forward to another try at it and hoping the sky is just as nice, too.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote