Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:03 PM   #11

I had an unexpected opportunity to take a picture of a couple of my favorite things.

There are 4 of my favorite things in this picture: our Prius, the Wrangler, snow (though I wasn't all that thrilled that they closed I-5 this afternoon. We left work early because we had to go a very long way around to get home) and my front yard. I didn't think I'd have an opportunity to photograph the car in a reasonably nice surrounding before the end of the month - sweet!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:15 PM   #12

Have been out on the trail a lot lately, and have LOTS of photos waiting to be sorted, and eventually some to post here. But did not want to miss posting to the contest, so here is one view of one of my favorite things - a waterfall.

This is a view of Burgess Falls, a 130 foot high waterfall near Cookeville Tennessee, located in Burgess Falls State Park. (Taken with K20D, M24-35 lens)
Attached Images

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:42 PM   #13

I guess the topic was not interesting this month. It's a rookie mistake on my part. Let the voting begin!
StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:41 PM   #14

One vote for Frogfish's tigers.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRaveOn View Post
I guess the topic was not interesting this month. It's a rookie mistake on my part. Let the voting begin!
TBH Stevie I can't believe there weren't many more entries .... it seemed a very easy subject for everyone to post at least something since we all usually take photos of our favourite things whether they be animate or inanimate !

Anyway my vote goes to PB's glowing guitars !

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:43 AM   #16

I agree with Kevin, it's surprising that there weren't more entries (says the idiot who, having bought a K-5, has harddly used it since taking it out of the box!).

My choice is between the 2 pics with guitars (another hobby I have neglected for many decades). I'll go with PB's photoshop photo. After all, it has a Gibson J45!!!

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:02 PM   #17

Stevie - No, it was a fine topic, but things have been very quiet here lately for some reason...

My vote also goes to Pboerger's amazing guitars.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:37 PM   #18

I don't think it was not interesting. For my part, I just haven't been able to get motivated to take photos of anything lately.

There are some really nice images this month, but my favorite is pboeger's guitars with the creativity put into the photo.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:31 PM   #19

Hey Steve, tally the votes!
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:14 PM   #20

My vote is for PB's guitars. That's 5 for pb and 1 for Frogfish. The winner of the February photo contest is pboerger. Congrats to you, and look forward to the March contest.

Stevie
StevieRaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote