Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:42 PM   #21

What an interesting discussion, and many fine variations on a fine pano. Not sure which I prefer, but maybe the first, for the best balance...

PS - more snow in that photo than we've seen all winter!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:20 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbells View Post
Removing the lake by cropping IMHO makes the composition better; the shadows in the foreground lead you directly to the church & you attention is held by the trees without wondering what lies beyond them!

Hi Catbells! Thanks so much for your words. I agree with what you wrote. I sort of took the photos to make my FIRST pano... but then after stitching it together, my composition side of me kicked in.. the lake and river, as nice and interesting as they are, they would be best left out... For one reason, you have the "front" of the church FACING the shadows in the trees... this is where the eyes are directed... the church is the main focal point. I think the trees, with barely a trace of the lake would be enough for a natural border of the photo, to be in keeping with the system of thirds... Again, thanks for your input, and all other inputs... Again, I should have thought more about the composition before making the pano but it was just so exciting making my first one. Thanks. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
What an interesting discussion, and many fine variations on a fine pano. Not sure which I prefer, but maybe the first, for the best balance...
Thanks Mole. With a tweak of colour correction to remove an ever so slight magenta from the photo, the first one is good balance... or at least, it is getting there.. thanks again. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote