Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:00 AM   #11

I'm sorry, I missed this thread! I own a Perfection V200. I haven't scanned any negatives but I have scanned is a few slides.

Mine scans 4 mounted slides at a time or a strip of negatives and these are backlit.

Results aren't too bad and often it's the quality of the slide that's the problem.

This is an example of a scan (I think at 200dpi) of a slide taken around 1972-73 (with a Praktica LTL) of the rust bucket I called my car:
Attached Images

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:18 AM   #12

This was scanned with a Nikon S4000 dedicated slide scanner from some Fuji 200 negative film, which I find works better than most flatbed scanners I have used.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennacac View Post
This was scanned with a Nikon S4000 dedicated slide scanner from some Fuji 200 negative film, which I find works better than most flatbed scanners I have used.

Tom
That looks great-thanks
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:15 PM   #14

jachol:
(Second try to post - not sure what happened to the first)
Thank you for the picture of your A95 with the slide duplicator.
I have an old Canon Powershot G2 and I am told the 4mp is the equivalent of 35 mm film.
I have the LA-DC58 lense adapter
I have the 58 mm Close-up lens 250D
The photo shows a Jessop 49-52 ring and I assume the tube is the 49 as the adapter for the A95 according to the camera specs is 52 mm.
I therefore assume I would need a 49 - 58 ring for my close up lens.
How did you make the tube and where did you get the materials.
Is the tube just glued to the 49-52 ring? And the same for the slide holder - just glued?

HeWhoHunts
HeWhoHunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWhoHunts View Post
jachol:
(Second try to post - not sure what happened to the first)
Thank you for the picture of your A95 with the slide duplicator.
I have an old Canon Powershot G2 and I am told the 4mp is the equivalent of 35 mm film.
I have the LA-DC58 lense adapter
I have the 58 mm Close-up lens 250D
The photo shows a Jessop 49-52 ring and I assume the tube is the 49 as the adapter for the A95 according to the camera specs is 52 mm.
I therefore assume I would need a 49 - 58 ring for my close up lens.
How did you make the tube and where did you get the materials.
Is the tube just glued to the 49-52 ring? And the same for the slide holder - just glued?

HeWhoHunts
Hi,
Wow, this thread resurrected after 8 years ... incredible.
Yes the tube is approx 2" diameter, a piece of scrap duralamin TV mast ... the rings and slide mount are epoxied to the tube. The close up lens in the pic is a good quality 2 element unit that came in a job lot of stepping rings + other bits and pieces, and I cant tell you it's magnification (it's unmarked).
The tube is painted inside matte black to stop reflections

Assuming you're thinking of making one, you'll need to experiment with the tube length, mine gave a full frame shot with 3X optical zoom applied.

It may be cheaper in the long run to find a commercial unit on ebay, they can be picked up pretty cheaply.

When I made mine I had all the bits to hand, so it cost me only time to experiment and make the final unit.
I converted 3 shoe boxes of slides with this unit, and it did an excellent job, if you need more info PM me. Hope this helps ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2014, 4:17 AM   #16

I also have a Panagor slide duplicator that fits My Pentax K100D with an M42 adaptor

which is adjustable between 1:1 and 2.5:1.

A quick search for this item on ebay UK found these results which may be of interest. ...Jack

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...tor&_sacat=625
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote