Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   And even more Small Birds Part 3 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/197747-even-more-small-birds-part-3-a.html)

bigdawg Apr 7, 2012 9:57 AM

And even more Small Birds Part 3
 
I shot over 500 photos and these are just a few. Still hand held from my rocking chair on a Good Friday off from work finally!!

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20..._IGP6181_1.jpg

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20..._IGP6188_1.jpg

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20..._IGP6208_1.jpg

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20..._IGP6209_1.jpg

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20..._IGP6211_1.jpg

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20...7_copy_2_1.jpg

http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20..._IGP6220_1.jpg

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20124/big_1100__IGP6221_1.jpg]http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20..._IGP6221_1.jpg

Frogfish Apr 7, 2012 1:09 PM

An even better set .. and too many excellent shots to have a favourite.

I didn't realise Pentax had a 'rocking chair mode' so that the SR can compensate !

bigdawg Apr 7, 2012 2:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogfish (Post 1294627)
An even better set .. and too many excellent shots to have a favourite.

I didn't realise Pentax had a 'rocking chair mode' so that the SR can compensate !

It doesn't! But I do!! LOL I can hold down to 1/15th sec. This way.

lesmore49 Apr 7, 2012 4:22 PM

Love the pix of those two Mourning Doves side by side.

mtngal Apr 8, 2012 12:45 AM

You are just having too much fun on your front porch. Very nice series.

bigdawg Apr 9, 2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesmore49 (Post 1294670)
Love the pix of those two Mourning Doves side by side.

Usually a mating pair but they do flock together too.

bigdawg Apr 9, 2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtngal (Post 1294732)
You are just having too much fun on your front porch. Very nice series.

Thanks Harriet! :icon_lol:

Keithw Apr 10, 2012 4:34 AM

Small birds + a big lens + rock steady hands = fabulous photos!

I envious!!! Not only a rocking chair on a porch, but also a great lens and some really colourful birds. Don't envy the temperatures though - TOO HOT!!!

BTW is that a speck of dust on the left side of the photos?

mole Apr 10, 2012 7:01 PM

So glad you finally had a few moments to yourself, and that you were kind enough to share the "fruits" of your labor. Very accurate color and great detail in each of these, and very nice captures of a moment in each feathered life...

bigdawg Apr 13, 2012 1:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithw (Post 1295170)
Small birds + a big lens + rock steady hands = fabulous photos!

I envious!!! Not only a rocking chair on a porch, but also a great lens and some really colourful birds. Don't envy the temperatures though - TOO HOT!!!

BTW is that a speck of dust on the left side of the photos?

Not that I can see. As to hot....wait a month and the temps will be near 100 here with the humidity in the 90's.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2