Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:59 PM   #11

This is a really nice variety of photos. My favorites are the decanter and the Wells Fargo building. The nighttime view of the Stratosphere is pretty amazing as well. What a view!
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:15 PM   #12

Thanks for the compliments! One of these days I'll get closer to the bright lights of the Strip after dark. Usually this is about as close as I get, and we go often enough that it's always easier to say "next trip".

dame/dawg - it's always easier to take pictures of things that you are good at. The trick is to get good at other things, it pays off in unexpected ways. While my goal with this 365 project is to take one picture a day, I have an unexpressed sub-goal to try lots of new things. I've made a list of things I want to work on and while I've done some of them, over half the list is still pending. And I've added a couple of new ideas, I'll probably add more later on.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:22 AM   #13

This is sure making you think and you're coming up with some great shots.

That sky is beautiful and I just love the glass stopper shot.

Rodney

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:30 AM   #14

I also like the variety of subjects and conditions, makes me feel in a rut with my stuff but inspired by your shots.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:16 PM   #15

Harriet, how about a panorama from the top of the Rio, that is a great view?

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:38 PM   #16

Tom - you are right, a pano from the Rio would be very cool. Wonder if they returned Buzio's back to how it used to be - the last time I ate there I wasn't impressed as they had changed the menu. The Stratosphere is really too tall for panos, though I had fun taking pictures of some of the high-rise resorts. Maybe next time.

Hans - You hit the reason why I started this project, well one of them. I was in a big rut and that led me to not bother taking anything. I think I'm becoming a better photographer as I learn new techniques.

Rodney - I always have a tendency to over-analyze things, but that's OK - love to experiment and see what works.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote