Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:24 AM   #1

Default Guess who is back?!

Hey everyone, that other gorilla guy is back! It has been a few years since I have posted here, or picked up any of my Pentax gear. I started dropping everything I touched and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel, so I decided I needed to hang up my cameras for a while before I broke something. I forgot about photography for a little while and took up other hobbies. But recently I came across some deals on camera gear, which fired up the photographer in me once again. I have missed a lot of you on here and your photos and I look forward to contributing here once again. This would not be a proper post if I did not post some photos, so here are some from Saturday testing out some of my new gear. These were taken at the Oklahoma State Capitol in Oklahoma City.
Attached Images

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:54 AM   #2

Welcome back, brother!

Myself I haven't been very active either, but fortunately enough not for health related reasons but for job-related.

"testing out some of my new gear" ??? Details, we want details!

Gorilla greetings

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:05 PM   #3

Welcome back. Like Kjell I am also curious about new gear. I am not posting images here for a while because my Pentax gear is back home so I can't post Olympus or Fuji images here, but July is coming fast.
FA 35mm f2, FA 50 f1.4, FA 28-70mm f4, FA 28-80mm f3.5-5.6, FA 80-320mm f4.5-5.6, F 50mm f1.7, Tamron SP 70-200mm f2.8 Di, DA 10-17 f3.5-4.5, DA 14 f2.8, DA 16-45mm f4, DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 WR, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 WR, AF-540FGZ

Olympus E-P2, E-P5, OM-D E-M1: 9mm to 150mm lenses

Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:35 PM   #4

Some fascinating subjects, and some wonderful light! So nice to "meet" you here, and looking forward to seeing more of your work.

PS - sure do hope & pray that your carpal tunnel problems have been resolved!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:33 PM   #5

Welcome back! Very nice, I especially like the last one. What new stuff did you get? A K5 maybe? The exif has been stripped so I can't tell from your pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:28 PM   #6

Thanks everyone. It's good to be back. I picked up a new K-5 from Cameraland for $899, I just could not pass it up at that price. Then I ordered the D-BG4 battery grip and a Sigma 8-16mm from B&H. I hit eBay and found a Pentax SMC 30mm, SMC 50mm macro, and a FA 31mm Limited to finally complete my FA Limited trio. Last but not least, I scored a Pentax camera bundle on eBay for super dirt cheap that had a K-7 with a shutter count of less than 700, came with a DA 18-55mm WR, and a Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 plus a bunch of other little goodies. All the shots I posted were with the K-7 and the Sigma 10-20 combo, including this one - my personal favorite of the outing.
Attached Images

Last edited by ishino; Apr 23, 2012 at 7:38 PM.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:57 PM   #7

Wow! That's some haul! That last picture is very cool, too. You'll love the K5, a brilliant camera in my opinion. I'm REALLY looking forward to your coming pictures as you explore all those new "toys".
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote