Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 18, 2012, 8:03 PM   #1

Default Community Dance Photo

A few months ago I blessed with receiving a hand me down/free Pentax 50mm 1.4 from a reader on this message board. I have been practicing with it off and on and finally got a chance to put it through it paces the other night.

Here is a photo that appeared in the local paper shot with the lens on a Pentax K-5 body using the camera's pop up flash. The DJ completely turned off the room lights and had only his DJ lights going which rendered my Sigma 18-250mm useless even with an ISO of 6400 and +5.0 exposure compensation. I was able to get 45 good images with the lens in a period of 30 minutes, I did throw 6 away because the depth of field got messed up on them.

dave
Attached Images

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2012, 8:05 PM   #2

Also I want to add I was trying to ficus on the first two ladies in the front row as they are famous people from our local government........ Although the rest of the people make not be be perfect, the editor liked the shot.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 11:17 AM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I'm not sure that I see what the editor liked in this image...it is out of focus, harshly lit, leanining to the right and has no central subject. Sorry about the harsh critique Dave, but I'm struggling to see the merits of this image, especially for one that made it into a newspaper.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote