Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:16 PM   #1

Default Rocky Mountain High Part 2

Our second day was spent mostly visiting with some friends who came up for lunch and afternoon conversation. But in the morning we wandered back to the national park for the morning. The sky had very interesting clouds, I discussed two shots and finally came up with a third in the bi-weekly challenge, which is about weather right now. The thread is here: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/bi...er-clouds.html if you want to see it. I also took the pictures of the alluvial fan stream, posted in the week's summary.

The third day we went to Nymph, Dream and Emerald Lakes, a hike it seems everyone takes. It's not all that difficult a hike, but it sure is pretty!

This fellow greeted us at the parking lot:

Nymph Lake:

If you look closely, you'll see a ripple in the water. As we walked beside the lake I found what was making the ripples:

A better picture of the fish is here: http://mtngal.zenfolio.com/p65664273/e2e5cf8b0 .

We weren't the only ones on the trail. Taken at Emerald Lake:

We started back when it started to look like this:

The only weather sealed lens I happened to have that day was the DA300, so I put it on the camera and looked around for subjects appropriate for such a long lens:

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:45 PM   #2

These are wonderful -- thanks for sharing. Must have been a cold and wet hike out from Nymph Lake after the weather changed, but certainly worth it for such remarkable scenery.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:04 PM   #3

It wasn't as bad as it could have been. Both Dan and I were wearing jackets that were somewhat water-resistant, though mine was damp all the way through by the time we got back to the car, and Dan's was pretty wet. Stupid me, I should have worn the gore-tex jacket I also had with me!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote