Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:16 PM   #11

Least shy of all are the park's Raccoons. These young ones only climbed a short way up the Boxelder tree to flee the crazy photographer...
Attached Images

mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:18 PM   #12

Will be "out on the trail" and also busy with a number of park events, so unable to stop by here for several days. But sure do hope you enjoyed these few glimpses of East Tennessee wildlife, and that you will share your comments & critique!
Attached Images

Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:20 PM   #13

Pboerger - Oops, I almost missed your kind words - you are too fast for me. Thanks for taking time to look and to comment.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:49 AM   #14

Amazing.

I love the Giant Leopard Moth and adore those shots of the Black & Green Snakes, superb.

Those Racoons are so cute

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:21 AM   #15

Another fine series.......Wonderful shots of the snakes & raccoons. Your season is months ahead of ours from the looks of your milkweed. You have some great butterfly pictures here as well.

This leaves me wondering with all the great creatures large and small in TN what was it about the Mole (after seeing it's picture) that was so endearing to cause you take its name as your handel?

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:58 PM   #16

What a beautiful part of the world you have there, the Giant Leopard moth, The last of the Green Snake, and the first of the 'coon pic's are my fav's. Thanks again for the posting.
Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:44 PM   #17

Kevin - Thanks so much - so glad you enjoyed my scaly and winged "neighbors!" Raccoons are definitely cute, but becoming a real pest in our park's campground area...

Lou - We had a very mild winter, a very warm wet spring, and are now having a record-breaking hot summer. Everything has been blooming, hatching, etc, at least two weeks early this year!
Choice of Mole is a long story - a nickname that began at a Ranger training session many years ago...

Simon - And thanks so much for your kind words, and for taking time to comment. I am indeed blessed!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:58 PM   #18

Wonderful series, indeed! That Giant Leopard Moth is fascinating, love them. And also your snake pictures.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:40 PM   #19

Wonderful shots, mole. I'm especially keen on the raccoons. They are one of my favorites. Although, my husband always reminds me if I met one in real life I wouldn't think they were so cute. I can't decide which I like best. They are all great.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:14 PM   #20

Harriet & Patty - Thanks for your very kind words. So glad you enjoyed seeing the "critters!"