Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:22 AM   #11

Hi Harriet,
Another lovely series, the musicians do look like they are having a good time.
Thanks again

Simon
simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:38 PM   #12

My favs - the music group, fruit, cachuma and the second windmill. Also, bringing back memories of my visits there in the 70's. The first one is interesting with the shadows, but I prefer the simpleness of the second one and the roof tiles showing.

I'm not exactly sure which week you got the roses. But, I also got a dozen red roses for our anniversary the second week in July. 30 years! Also, had issues with trying to get the reds to come out when I took photos of mine. Might post mine later. I think some actually came out good like yours did.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:26 PM   #13

Thanks Simon.

Patty, I like the second one, but thought it was a bit of a cliche, not terribly original. What I liked about it was the very blue sky contrasting with the building. July 3rd was our anniversary, I'm over a week behind writing up my summaries. And it was our 31st one, that's neat that we both have been married for a long time. Well, not so long really, it seems like we were dating only a short time ago. The years have flown by.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:21 AM   #14

I like your series, the musicians shot is great

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 4:57 PM   #15

Musicians and the two baskets of overflowing fruit are my top pics this week.

The musicians because through the photo you can see that they are really enjoying the session. It's a nice candid photo that I'm sure captured the fun time they seem to be experiencing.

The fruit basket...I love the arrangement and the bit of bokeh behind the baskets.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:00 PM   #16

Congratulations - you are more than 1/3 of the way through the 52 weeks!

It is indeed hard to get reds to expose properly, but these look great (and congratulations on your anniversary!)

Great light on the plums, wonderful mood at the lake, fine details in the jay, and great expressions on both of your "street photos."
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:46 PM   #17

Thanks, Hans, Les and mole.

The fruit was an easy shot, the arrangement was done by the person who had the stall. I just took advantage of what was there. The people who show up for this open-air market seem to have such pride in their produce and it's all gorgeous.

I forgot to put which lenses I used beyond the first one - all of the pictures were taken with the K5. The roses were taken with the DA 35 macro (it's perfect for this type of thing), the band with the FA 77 Ltd, the fruit and the shopper with the DA*200 (always has nice bokeh), both windmill photos and the scrub jay with the FA 77 again (it flew off before I could change to something longer), The misty lake with the DA*300.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:57 PM   #18

Congrats on your 31rst Anniversary...my wife and I also got married in July. In our case it was July 14th...Bastille Day...we've been married for 29 years.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote