Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 22, 2012, 1:25 PM   #1

Default City of Lights -- Jyväskylä, Finland

Jyväskylä was a city of lights last night, the city square was beautiful with lights and light shows. I took these two photos of the Town Church. Oh, these are my first serious night photos, believe it or not...

Thanks for looking.

Ned

NOTE: The last shot is 2nd shot put through TOPAZ, I wanted to simplify it a bit by simplifying the details... just toying with a photo a bit

Last edited by Eetu; Sep 25, 2012 at 5:40 AM.
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:32 AM   #2

Nice shots Ned, the colors are rich and the exposures are nice. Not at all looking like a first serious try at night shooting.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:46 AM   #3

Many kind thanks Lou! I enjoyed trying something different. Glad you liked the photo. Thanks for looking and all the best! Ned
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:58 PM   #4

Hard to believe it's a first try at city lights/night shooting. Very pretty, indeed - they came out splendidly.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 1:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Hard to believe it's a first try at city lights/night shooting. Very pretty, indeed - they came out splendidly.
Thanks Harriet. Turned off camera shake, set up the tripod... just took my time experimenting around... good thing the K7 has LiveView, made it easier to see things better. Thanks again for looking.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Jyväskylä was a city of lights last night, the city square was beautiful with lights and light shows. I took these two photos of the Town Church. Oh, these are my first serious night photos, believe it or not...

Thanks for looking.
Ned
Good show. I do not know what a pro can improve on what you did. You have eyes for the what is interesting

Daniel Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 6:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielchtong View Post
Ned
Good show. I do not know what a pro can improve on what you did. You have eyes for the what is interesting

Daniel Toronto
Hi Daniel! Many thanks for your very kind words. Thanks so much for looking. By the way, I used PhotoShop Elements to remove the terrible distortion in the church tower... you know, it was really leaning to the right... I spent about 20 minutes on Topaz DeNoise... just took had a lot of fun shooting the shot. I am trying to push myself out of the comfort zone and trying different things. Thanks again for looking. All the best. Ned
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:36 PM   #8

Very nice Ned. These are both great images.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:42 PM   #9

Very nice Ned, I am away from home on a tablet and can't see the image info did you hand hold or tripod

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 5:43 AM   #10

Thanks mtnman and Hans. Appreciate your kind words. I have added a second version of the second photo... the first is the photo as it is... the second one is simplified just a little. Just experimenting with Topaz. Sometimes a photo is great with all its details... sometimes we see MORE with few details. Again, I am just learning by experimenting. Main thing though, just love using my Pentax K7