Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:05 PM   #1

Default Week 26 of 52

August 27 to September 2

I was still in a funk about time and photography this week. It was funny because I was still feeling so uninspired, even though the K5 arrived back from CRIS on Thursday, so I should have been inspired just because of that. But not so Ė the funk continued.

Monday found me interested in shooting stairs. I didnít particularly notice the reflection in the window when I was shooting it, rather the lines of the posts and building wall. Iíd like to go back and photograph this again. (K7, DA 12-24, HDR with Photomatix)

I also took this one, another HDR and the one I posted first. Iíve shot this particular circular staircase a couple of times before, but think this is the best one Iíve come up with yet, and the one I posted to the project. I posted one of these Tuesday since I didnít take any pictures that day. K7, DA 12-24, HDR with Nikís HDR Efex)

Wenesday found me trying to recapture the magic by taking some of my favorite subjects Ė flowers and leaves. (K7, FA77 Ltd)

Thursday I arrived home to find the K5 waiting for me, completely healed of its problems. In fact, the AF has been behaving much better than it had before I had it serviced (perhaps they noted my fine adjustments because the 12-24, which has front-focused on every camera I have now focuses correctly without any adjustment). In any case, as soon as I put a card and battery in it, I went out to take advantage of the lovely evening golden hour light. (K5, FA 77 Ltd)

I left a hole for Friday, Dan wasnít feeling well so I ended up driving by myself to my sisterís, the sunrise was uninspiring and then I didnít have time later on.

Saturday morning I noticed how the early morning light shone on the floor and thought it was neat. My favorite subjects have gone home to their real owner (my niece), so no more Orange Kitty to photograph. This was about the only photo I took, was busy with too many other things. (K5, FA 31 Ltd)

Since it was a long weekend, I didnít take anything on Sunday as I was still in Vegas. Iíll end this weekís write-up with a taste of what I experienced on Monday, the day I drive home. (K5, FA 77)

It was wonderful to get the K5 back, and itís really better than ever. AF is far more reliable than it had been, sensor was cleaned and the lens release button has been reinstalled.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:15 PM   #2

I think I had seen most of these, 'cept for the last on your zenfolio site already?

great shots Harriet!
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:04 PM   #3

I've saving this animation for some time. You made it! Half way there!
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:02 PM   #4

Glad to hear you got the K5 back and it's working great. What a relief.

I think the first one of the stairs reminds me of images I take. There's something there that intrigues me, but when I get the photo in the computer I look at it and say it's just so-so. I wonder how it would be if you took the whole staircase as a reflection in the windows. Just a thought. I don't know what else would show. So, it might not work.

The second, third and fourth do intrigue me. I love spiral staircases. And, the first leaf is lovely. I love the lines in it. Then, the flooring with the sunlight is another nice one

You're halfway there. Keep up the good work.

Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 8:47 PM   #5

I hadn't thought about the fact that this week was the half-way mark. I was still on the fence about whether I could continue or not, figured I'd just do what I could and accept it. Maybe if I had thought that it really was the half-way point I might have been more eager to push myself.

These photos were up on zenfolio not long after I took them, so if you looked through the album you would have seen them already (including the last one). The album is more or less up-to-date, while I've not kept up with posting the week summaries here. Time has been such a problem, something had to give. I've been looking at everyone else's photos instead of posting these summaries. We actually stopped for a weekend so I used the time to try to get caught up. I'm still a couple of weeks behind with them.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:38 AM   #6

Hoorah, the halfway mark is reached! You're still making me drool with the 17mm shots.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:15 AM   #7

That's quite a project, I couldn't handle that, feels like I was just on that last shot. The circular staircase shot is cool as is the floor shot.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:00 PM   #8

Lou - For a long time I couldn't see why everyone liked the 12-24 so much. It does have its faults (quite a bit of CA that you have to correct for, but very little purple fringing) but not the one that kept it at the house. I thought the lens was very soft, but it was that way only because mine front-focused. As soon as I figured that out, and adjusted for it, I discovered just what a good lens it really is. Now I know why it has a good reputation.

Hans - I thought of you as I was posting these. Wondered if you had seen as green a desert or not - the desert further south wasn't as green. Would have made the comment that your roads wouldn't have had so much traffic, but there was a fair amount of construction on the I-15, both in the Virgin River Gorge and north of St. George when we were there recently.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:09 PM   #9

Congratulations on accomplishing the half-way mark! Another interesting and eclectic series - favorite is the floor - such an interesting light!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote