Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:42 PM   #1

Default Flowers at dark with Zeiss Triotar 135mm

I picked up a Carl Zeiss Triotar 135 f/4 about a week ago and just got around to trying it tonight.

I was a little weary at first because of how slow it is but I do love the sharpness and coloring of CZ lenses.

I have to say it is indeed sharp. I also like the non-stepped aperture that operates smooth like a focus ring- those are just awesome.

I was shooting wide open to try out the bokeh and the fact it was pretty dark by the time I got the tripod set up.

The sun was fading fast causing me to use the rarely used bulb exposure mode. I did have to kick up the vibrance up a tad in 1 or 2 due to the fading lightsource.

I thought they turned out decent and looking forward to using this during the daytime.

Let me know what you think
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:01 PM   #2

I like them, especially the first one. I'm not crazy about the last one with the darker flower surrounded by the white, the bokeh or lighting or something in that one is a bit strange. Looks like a lens I'd love to own (have always wanted a CZ lens).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:33 AM   #3

The shots are nice and sharp and I like the composition, I find the bokeh a little detracting in the 2nd image.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:17 AM   #4

Lovely pix...interesting bokeh.

I have only one Carl Zeiss lens...unfortunately I can't attach it to my Pentax bodies....it's on a Zeiss Super Ikonta B folder, an old vintage medium format of mine.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:01 PM   #5

Thanks for comments. THey aren't what I'd consider show off pics but I thought it was a successful backyard test under the circumstances. My other Zeiss lenses have great coloring, sharp subject matter, and amazing bokeh and Im hoping this one will as well.

The pics are a little 'handicapped' so to speak. With the lens' slow nature being F4 and the low light, the trees rustling was causing the funny looking bokeh as you can see above.

I will try on a brighter day and compare.

cheers
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:20 PM   #6

Some fine photos despite the adverse conditions. Will look forward to seeing even better photos from daylight.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:03 AM   #7

Nice shots and looks like you have a fine piece of glass in the CZ 135.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote