Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:01 AM   #1

Default Long time ...and longer it will be...

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks for these years i have been hanging out in this forum, lurking, learning.

I will now upgrade (or downgrade in some aspects) my Pentax K-X to a new Sony NEX F3. I came across a deal I couldn't resist and it has functions I desire that no pentax (in my pricerange) could offer as of now.

I still love my Pentax, and I have been looking to upgrade to the K5 or the K01, however, I don't shoot all that much anymore (less time) and especially the size is a little to big for me right now.
I wanted a mirrorless camera this time and the K-01 isn't what I need it to be so that is why the Sony NEX comes in.

I have shot 19000 photos with the Pentax KX and it is still going strong and I will now sell it to fund two more lenses to the NEX.

I will continue to use my old Pentax lenses with an adapter and with Focus Peaking and Focus Zooming (automatically) it is far easier to get good in focus shots than with my Pentax.

So see you all around I will find myself a NEX forum somewhere
SMC Takumar 50mm/f1.4 (manual)
"unknown" 35mm/f1.8 (manual)
CyberTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:30 AM   #2

Sorry to see you somewhat temporarily moving on, but can understand why you are. There are times when I think I should have gotten one of the K01 this past weekend, since they weren't all that expensive, but then think it might be more to the point to get a Q/Q10 and a K to Q adaptor instead. Since what I really want is a weather sealed wide angle lens, I just think about it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:23 AM   #3

I know what you mean as far as mirrorless goes I just got a Pentax Q and it can be a ball playing with old lenses on that small body. Most mirrorless bodies can be adapted to many lenses and that's where the fun starts. I have been looking at micro 4/3rds. I've been anti Sony because several years ago they put a virus on every CD they sold that almost destroyed my computer. They lost a class action lawsuit because of it. But they make a nice mirrorless, enjoy your new toy and pop in now and then.

Hans

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Sorry to see you somewhat temporarily moving on, but can understand why you are. There are times when I think I should have gotten one of the K01 this past weekend, since they weren't all that expensive, but then think it might be more to the point to get a Q/Q10 and a K to Q adaptor instead. Since what I really want is a weather sealed wide angle lens, I just think about it.
Thanks! i will probably be around here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnikesch View Post
I know what you mean as far as mirrorless goes I just got a Pentax Q and it can be a ball playing with old lenses on that small body. Most mirrorless bodies can be adapted to many lenses and that's where the fun starts. I have been looking at micro 4/3rds. I've been anti Sony because several years ago they put a virus on every CD they sold that almost destroyed my computer. They lost a class action lawsuit because of it. But they make a nice mirrorless, enjoy your new toy and pop in now and then.

Hans
yes, i know exactly,...i've noticed that there are an adapter for almost every other lens there is for the sony e-mount so i got an old minolta zoom never been used!, 4 m42 lenses and the lenses are quite cheap...

the only thing i really will miss is a long lens, like a 300 or 400mm but išll manage...otherwise I might buy something else next year
SMC Takumar 50mm/f1.4 (manual)
"unknown" 35mm/f1.8 (manual)
CyberTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:25 PM   #5

Your talents will shine with any camera - it's just a tool... I hope the new one works well for you!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote