Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:41 AM   #11

Tony, these were taken in Maine at 8:00 AM this morning after dropping my grandson off at the Mt. where he is an instructor. About 4 inches fell and we are expecting 15" total. Tomorrow when it clears I will try and get some better shots. It is snowing heavy now and sticking to the trees so it should be nice picture taking when it is over.

Lou
Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:54 AM   #12

It should be a beautiful time. I always appreciated the quiet when it is snowing and everything settles down for awhile (at least away from a main highway).

Here in central Florida it is a little different. After 29 years, I still get a kick out of the winter weather advisories. (Summer advisories are no joke.) Our neighborhood got into the higher 30s earlier this morning.

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA. .
DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT. .EXCESSIVE COLD IMPACT... COLD TEMPERATURES WILL PREVAIL TONIGHT AS WINDS DIMINISH AND SKIES REMAIN MOSTLY CLEAR. PATCHY FROST WILL BE POSSIBLE OVER THE INTERIOR IN THE PREDAWN HOURS FRIDAY MORNING.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:49 PM   #13

Here's snow, Vegas style, taken yesterday morning. There's a lot more at the home, tomorrow I'll take some pictures before it melts.

It was more sleet than it was snow in Vegas. I've seen real snow in Vegas in the past, so it really does snow there.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:50 PM   #14

Mount Shasta, California after our last storms. Back and front yard.
Attached Images

pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:17 AM   #15

Just beautiful shots everyone! Thanks much. I really miss the stuff. We took a trip to Breckinridge about 4 years ago, just to see it again. It was great fun!
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote